MDPD Hiring Certified/Laterals
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

MDPD Hiring Certified/Laterals

Hey Guys & Gals,

I noticed that your Dept. is hiring Certified and Laterals. I work full-time in a super tiny PD in Dade and wanted to know what the process for a lateral like me would consist of? Thanks for the info...Stay safe...

Re: MDPD Hiring Certified/Laterals

Why don't you contact the source directly?

http://www.miamidade.gov/police/contacts-personnel.asp

Quote Originally Posted by PD1
    Hey Guys & Gals,

I noticed that your Dept. is hiring Certified and Laterals. I work full-time in a super tiny PD in Dade and wanted to know what the process for a lateral like me would consist of? Thanks for the info...Stay safe...
    The application is a bit of a pain. We have a lot of vacancies so if you want to make a move, now is the time. Don't listen to the haters, there is still a lot of oppurtunities for career advancement. Good luck.

Well said!

Thanks Spider-man, I completed an app already. It was actually rather short, your department has opportunities that others don't so I'm glad these openings came up. About those haters, every PD has haters...I don't have time for them, nobody should...

Banned

The short application is only the first. There will be a longer one as the process goes on. Good luck.

If you're not connected you will not get in this time. The grass is not greener.

As a five year officer with another fairly large department, I was curios to know an hourly rate average your department can offer? If anyone can help...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As a five year officer with another fairly large department, I was curios to know an hourly rate average your department can offer? If anyone can help...
    ..you must also take into account that you will pay an arm and a leg for health insurance premiums every two weeks, and ALSO 5% of your base salary towards a health insurance fund that the county uses for fraudulent purposes. In short, you'll pay about $450 to $600 every two weeks if you have a family plan.

..also 3% of your gross salary goes to the state retirement fund every two weeks.

..also $50 every two weeks to drive a 15 year old police car.

It's funny how speaking the truth makes you a hater.

Banned

Did the County cut down how far you could take the cars home?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast