Rumor Bonus check Tuesday? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Rumor Bonus check Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by guest f off
    TO: Mike Scott
    **** YOU
    Wow! Impressive. 3rd grade language. You kiss your mother with a mouth like that? She must be so proud. Unless, of course, she is just like you - so I guess that makes YOU a son of a Biatch?

Quote Originally Posted by guest for bonus
    Check your facts. We have on at least two previous occasions received a one time bonus check, and have yet to be sued by the BOCC or anyone else. Go ahead and file suit if you desire but beware, if YOU lose YOU pay all attorney court, including winner's.
    C U in court.
    The difference is that those two "bonuses" were in fact across the board salary adjustments that were part of, and included in, the budget request that was approved by the BOCC for the upcoming fiscal year. One came from a manipulation of the approved merit increase and was based on the performance evaluation, Sgts. and below were given an additional % or two for higher evaluation scores and those with lower scores got less or no merit increase. The other was given as an across the board increase where the BOCC approved a small incentive amount for the year that was divided equally among all employees. In both cases they were included in the personnel" line item at the beginning of the year, they did not come from unexpended funds left over from the expiring year. The sheriff can give out these type of incentives but he can not appropriate funds at his will from the unexpended budget at year's end without an approved budget adjustment from the BOCC, usually in the form of a "blue sheet" the common name for a budget line item transfer or budget increase. The point here is not one of a law suit but one of the sheriff exceeding his legal authority to pay retoractive compensation without an approved lump sum program and to appropriate funds that legally must be returned to the BOCC and general fund. The BOCC must see some fact in all of this if they have decreased the sheriff's proposed budget by an amount equal to the proposed cost of the "bonus" remember they have lawyers advising them also.

Yes, the same lawyers that just lost a lawsuit on the estero land deal costiing taxpayers millions. I'm scared now

The sheriff really cares for his employees.
    :roll:

Can we have a vote of no confidence in the sheriff?

I just read FSS 215.425, 30.50, and 110.1245. None of these statutes have any bearing on what is being discussed here. You all are grasping at straws if you think these statutes will prohibit a bonus or make it illegal after the fact. If your lawyers are quoting this to you I think its time to get new lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by guest f off
    **** YOU
    Since this hasn't been deleted, I'm guessing MOD 610 isn't getting a check this week???
    Politics...ain't it great!!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say everyone in favor of the bonus checks are:
    civilians- heres compensation for your paper cuts
    commanders- yea cause you need it
    Corrections officers- great job slinging those trays...

Keep IUPA! let's do what most of the counties and states are doing with corrections and privatize them cause they work so hard

[quote=Woo hoo]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest f off":3m98clmt
    **** YOU
    You kiss your mother with a mouth like that??[/quote:3m98clmt]

Only after she shaves! :devil:

Damm
    I take a few days off and this is what I return to.....Thanks for the work.

Lets see, I'm going to spend my additional bonus money on a nice dinner out and hotel stay. This union thing just made me an additional $400.00. Thanks IUPA!!! PS- bye bye benefit package for deputies in front of the BOCC. Or maybe no more take home cars to due to the high cost of fuel and maintenance, hmmmmmmmm!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast