Bill Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Press

Banned

Bill Press

Just read that Bill Press resigned from his position as Chief of the Fairhope, AL Police Department.

Re: Bill Press

OH NO MR. BILL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646
    Just read that Bill Press resigned from his position as Chief of the Fairhope, AL Police Department.
    Couldn't happen to a NICER guy.

he's getting ready for his interview with the mayor.....

You guys ought to consider yourselves very fortunate, should Bill Press be appointed MDPD Director. He brings to the office historic experience with MDPD and now, external municipal CEO knowledge as well. Intellectually, there are few within or outside MDPD that can match Bill Press’s intelligence. Mayor Carlos Gimenez would be wise to give Bill Press a very, very serious look!

Got forced out by re-elected Mayor. Too much baggage.......

FAIRHOPE, Alabama --
    Just before three o'clock Wednesday afternoon, Fairhope police chief Bill Press along with assistant chief Terry Sanders made their way into a crowded hall of officers to officially announce what had been rumored all day. They are both resigning, effective November 5th.

"This has been a very long three and a half years for me in comparison to my almost 36 years in Miami-Dade," Press told News 5.

Conflict with mayor Tim Kant along with trying to get rid of bad cops and improve the department was a constant struggle. "Neither one of us has seen the difficulty with some of these folks in trying to get them fired," says Press.

The community is not surprised by the resignation. They say they thought Press was doing a good job but after the election it was only a matter of time before he would be gone.

"A lot of people have been expecting it," says business owner Seth Woodruff. "I guess since the mayor getting back in office and stuff."

Press says he is leaving Fairhope with a better police department and a safer community. "This shouldn't be whether Bill Press is here or not. The emphasis should be on what we've accomplished and what are the possibilities of whether this department will progress or regress and hopefully it will be the former rather than the latter."

During a nationwide search Press was picked out of 116 applicants. No word yet on when the search for his replacement will begin.

If Bill Press were to return to MDPD as Director, Scott Allen would need a full time staff and Bill would need full time bodyguards.

C’mon man! Most sworn and civilian MDPD folks admired and appreciated Bill!

True but most of the "Captains for Life" retired many, many years ago. I don't recall him having a big civilian fan club either. I will, however, never forget his heroic efforts to save the life of Major Roz Clark. He earned the respect of many that day, including me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    C’mon man! Most sworn and civilian MDPD folks admired and appreciated Bill!
    I hope that your county physical isn't coming up soon, because you would fail the drug test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast