We need to replace the firearms training unit - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Banned

Re: We need to replace the firearms training unit

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Lol!! Regarding the dispatchers, everytime that Anabel or Cindy were dispatching, I wanted to 06. Some of them forget that they work for us, not the other way around. They are our support, but instead they get irritated if you ask them to run a tag. I guess that they have to put down there cell or knitting things.
    While I agree that some dispatchers are less than helpful, it's only a few. It's a hard job and they don't work FOR you, they work WITH you. If we follow your thought, then road officers are support for detectives. We all have different, but equally important, jobs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646
    Lol!! Regarding the dispatchers, everytime that Anabel or Cindy were dispatching, I wanted to 06. Some of them forget that they work for us, not the other way around. They are our support, but instead they get irritated if you ask them to run a tag. I guess that they have to put down there cell or knitting things.
    While I agree that some dispatchers are less than helpful, it's only a few. It's a hard job and they don't work FOR you, they work WITH you. If we follow your thought, then road officers are support for detectives. We all have different, but equally important, jobs to do.

I never said it wasn't a hard job, but it isn't harder than ours. And yes, it is only a few. AS long as you take them coffee, or are friends with them, they will treat you great. If not, they treat you like crap. They hold all the special calls for the ones that don't suck up to them or make them run tags or subjects. And they are our support, so they do work for us. And yes, us road guys are support for detectives. When they take over a scene, we work for them. These dispatchers think that because they work double shifts, or are PMSing, that they could treat us like crap. We are the ones out here getting into all the crap.

Banned

Still disagree. They may support you, but they don't work for you. They are not in your chain of command. We all work together.

This discussion really is silly in all respects. Employes all have separate and many functions that when joined together a system is developed, all work for the tax payer's.

Banned

This discussion really is silly in all respects. Employes all have separate and many functions that when joined together a system is developed, all work for the tax payer's.
    Agreed

Dispatchers are "REPEATERS" period. They don't run patrol, the sergeants do. All they have to do is vervalize what is on the screen in front of them, or repeat the transmission from the units. Other than that they have no Authority!!

Dispatchers are "REPEATERS" period. They don't run patrol, the sergeants do. All they have to do is vervalize what is on the screen in front of them, or repeat the transmission from the units. Other than that they have no Authority!!
    Get over it. Dispatchers have a crappy job and are doing the best they can.

The will be the ones who facilitate saving your life one day. As bad as it is on he road, it is worse in communications.

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by UniformPO2600
    I think we need to replace the entire firearms training unit. The training and qualification is a joke and for the most part the instructors are miserable and set a bad example for the department. They run the quals like a third world country police force. Safety is lax, most of the time they do not even score the targets, ask for a box of ammo and they chew you out like it's coming out of their pocket, but yet try to qual with a second gun and they get pissed because you're taking time from their screw off shooting time. They hang out with the retired firearms instructor that lives at the range and blast away our ammo for fun. The big range bag that the retired firearms instructor is always much heavier when he leaves, yet I can't get 30 extra rounds for my patrol rifle. Oh, I can still carry the second weapon though because to get me to stop taking away from their personal shooting time, they just told me to make up a score for my personal weapon and fill out the card.
    Well, you may get your wish. There's a new sheriff in town and he has "Grand Visions".

Forget about just the firearms unit, the whole place needs help. Sounds like its happening... Ubieta will definitely take control.

Quote Originally Posted by ooops
    Forget about just the firearms unit, the whole place needs help. Sounds like its happening... Ubieta will definitely take control.
    That is a pretty funny comment, everybody knows JP is behind all the changes!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast