Underground Movement In Support of Officers Kicked Out of PB - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Underground Movement In Support of Officers Kicked Out o

VTC-- quite a story and it is all very believable. I would say you should contact an attorney regarding your dismisal from the PBA and get that advoce. I can only imagine what you went through and it is sad once again to face up to the Bullies at the PBA.
    Good Job

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vtc
    Quote Originally Posted by PBA bye bye
    There is a movement for PBA members to resign in large numbers to support our fellow brothers who were kicked out simply for asking to see Stedman Stahl's and John Rivera's credit card and financial reports.

It was so blatant, that everyone was kicked out of the PBA Director's meeting in order to prevent the majority to be able to defend our brothers. Enough is enough. We have drafted a memo in which you simply fill out to resign from the PBA. PLEA cards for legal defense will be handed out to protect you at your job. It's cheaper and the PBA will still have to bargain your benefits for free (even though they suck anyway). So far, about 80 resignation memos have been completed. It doesn't seem like alot, but we just began.

It's time for change. Say no to John and Stedman's abuse of our dues for their own personal gain.Say no to their abuse on our brothers wanting to know where are money is going.
    I am one of the Officer who took a stand and a hit for all, and that includes everyone even if you dont agree with me. I have supported the PBA for over 20 years and yes I depended on them to get me good contracts, give good legal defense, and do the best job they could for me/us that is what I paid them to do. So please stop saying I didnt complain when they did really good things, they did a lot of really good things, and In turn they made alot of money so we were both happy. But over the past several years things havent been so good. Think I took notice when Director Loftus quit the PBA and Sir I should have backed you up and I am sorry for that. I didnt understand. Let me tell you I am not against the PBA there are very very good people on the board and employees, however they have little to no say with what happens. Prior to the contract I started to ask question as I work afternoons and making the meetings are not an option we are already short, but I watched each commission meeting and my family attended each one and were my ears. When my questions were not responded too or I was told things that were not fact I went to speak with FOP to see what they could offer me. It went very well they were set up like the PBA the dues where lower and they too had a good legal defense. When I asked how I could join this blew my mind I was told that Jorge Duran, John Rivera , and Stedman where in charge of Lodge 6 which is the one I would have to join to become a member and that I would have to contact Stedman at the PBA to get my applacation. My first thing out of my my was "are you shitting me" I was shocked. The meeting ended and I was told they would check into this matter as it did seem like a conflict of intrest. I did some research on google FOP lodge 6 Miami Fl and found what they said was a fact and there were other people on the board of FOP who where also our PBA board. I then contacted PLEA did the same procedure and was very happy and I joined PLEA and HPOA. I was still supporting the PBA and now asking more and more questions. I sent emails to John River asking him to address role calls or to send a replacement as he was stating that I/we were misinformed over county emails but he never responded to a question/ answer session. AT this time Officers from the north part of the County had already been talking with the Teamsters and asked us to come to a meeting. I did and got some good information contract issues are about the same but the legal defense is awesome. You pick your own attorney anyone you want and they will pay for total cost as long as its work related and you have the legal fund. The best part is PLEA, FOP, and Teamster all have open elections so every member has a say PBA does not. More research was done more questions were asked and the PBA became almost impossible to deal with . I could have just quit I didnt need them anymore I had other legal options but I didnt. I just wanted change to come I want to be able to vote for what I believe is best for me and my family. I still had contact with FOP and the Teamster who would awnser any questions I had reference how Associations/Unions are operated. I was advised that Fl State Statue 447.03 and the Landrum-Griffin act protected my right to contact other Association/Unions. And addition I have the right to talk about them and when on break hand out information on or off duty. I posted my opinion on face book attended one additional Teamsters meeting that was held down south and was compairing options. I also was requesting to review financial statement which any PBA member has the right too Florida State Statue 447.07 Teamster meeting was held in June FOP prior to that . We requested this via email several times with no response a certified letter was sent by one of us and my third email with Fl statue 447.07. We were advised to make an appoitment which we did they would not allow us to go in together we were not allowed copies or to take a photo, and get this we could take a few notes but when I was writing down to much they stopped the meeting and asked me to leave. They refused to answer any question stating we needed to put our question in writing once again thats what we did with the emails/certified letter and at no time were we able to see the logs receipts, salarys, credit card expenses. WE are by law and as a NON_Profit Organization entitled to view this information. What I did review was a very small binder that contained 15 pages each binder of some dollar amount of unknow expenses and writen materal with no value by itself, this was for 2008, 2009, and 2010 and they refused to answer any question. 2011 had 17 pages in a non offical binder with the same kind of non vital information. The next week we were termanited from the PBA per John for "engaged in organizing activities on behalf of an organization contrary to the interest of the PBA" signed by John Rivera and Blanca Greenwood and in bold letters I was advised to PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY like I have ever done otherwise.
    Can anyone please tell me how can I be termanited for seeking other options and talking about it, and John, Stedman, Pablo, Mary, John and a few other belong and run a Organization contrary to the interest to the PBA. FOP did advise months ago they would like to be our bargining unit as well as would the Teamster. PLEA is also interested but this change can not come for several more years due to current contract. What this means if members did want a change and we did go with FOP all above listed people would have to do is change offices, and the hard working employees of the PBA have to fend for themselves.

I tried to access the FOP Lodge website for Miami, but found that it was Lodge 20 and not 6. On the Lodge 20 site, I could find anything about Rivera or Stahl. Could you provide a link to what you found?

Just go to sunbiz and pull up the fop lodge 6 miami dade lodge incorporation papers and you maybe surprized who been leading that organization for the past many years. A shocker for all

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Just go to sunbiz and pull up the fop lodge 6 miami dade lodge incorporation papers and you maybe surprized who been leading that organization for the past many years. A shocker for all

Here even easier its miami dade fop lodge # 6 incorporation number N99000003561, some interesting names attached over the years

Search : FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE, MIAMI-DADE LODGE 6, INC.

The biggest reason they played it like this so that they could ALWAYS be in charge and keep others unions at the start out. Wonder if the FOP dues were paid for by the pba but its okay the threw the big cry baby Steadman out of the FOP when he played his games.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The biggest reason they played it like this so that they could ALWAYS be in charge and keep others unions at the start out. Wonder if the FOP dues were paid for by the pba but its okay the threw the big cry baby Steadman out of the FOP when he played his games.
    Rivera is the most successful union leader in state and surely that has some jealous but his track record is unmatchable, past, present or future. The very leat we can do is say thank you for all the benefits an ham some pensions heh has gotten us.

As for the very FEW who are trying to make it seem greater than it is, I will pray that you get a life. Trying responding to calls. That a good starter. Join a support group but occupy your lonely time. Also FOP is chiming in on this , right Bobby! They too are mad at the PBA because nearly 700 Miami officers joined the and want to leave the FOP.

Where were all these supporter of the officer that were removed? Why did no one take the time to come and support the officers... They invited everyone to come and support them as well as ask questions ...no one show up. Who is going to show up and do the work for Plea or any other group. It takes more than just 1 or 2 people to do everything the PBA does... But how would you know what is involved if you never volunteer or show up to help. There is a monthly meeting and the same people attend...plus the lucky one that come to get their retirement plaques.... Where are all these unhappy bloggers...you can make excuses and blame others for not getting involved...if its really that important you would make the time to attend meetings and get involved on a regular basis. Also, they keep saying that the reps and board are not voted for.... YES THEY ARE. Elections are held every 4 years and ballots are mailed with SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED envelopes to members...

Now that the PBA is losing ground, I wonder what back door deal is going to be done to save themselves! So they can look like the knights in shining armor, “again.” Hopefully they have an exit strategy. If not, it’s going to hurt.

PBA is in much trouble. 700 people joined from miami? what are you smoking? uh, how about they couldn't even get enough cards to have a PERC election. what a joke. FOP and PLEA will be slamming the PBA out of the MDPD at the proper time. Its time to get our benefits back. The PBA isn't cutting it. John Rivera is old news and Stedman needs to stop tap dancing. We are behind Vicky and we are getting many memos to withdraw from the PBA. WE WILL SUPPORT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast