Informal Vote Please

Informal Vote Please

Lets see how many "NO" votes and how many "YES votes we get. Please vote once by replying Yes or No.

If you havent heard:

The city of Miami and its police union are “extremely close” to reaching a deal that would help Miami plug a $40 million budget hole, Fraternal Order of Police Vice President Javier Ortiz said.

Parties close to the negotiations said the two sides reached consensus Wednesday on a two-year contract that would modify the current pension system. If adopted, the city would revamp how it calculates retirement benefits, and employees would be asked to contribute more to their pension plans.
    The proposed contract also would enable the department to purchase at least 100 new police cars, as well as new uniforms and equipment.

“There would be some concessions,” Ortiz said. “But it would also be a great deal for the police department and the city.”

Miami has until the end of the month to balance its $485 million operating budget.

Initially, City Manager Johnny Martinez declared a state of financial urgency, a legal maneuver that would have allowed the City Commission to force employee concessions. But the FOP sued, arguing that the commission — not the manager — should have invoked the law. A judge agreed and voided Martinez’s action.

City attorneys are appealing the ruling. The city and the FOP will make their case to the Third District Court of Appeal Thursday.

But even if the appeals court empowers Martinez to declare financial urgency, Mayor Tomás Regalado said he would rather reach an agreement with the police union than have the commission force concessions, as they did in 2010.

“We don’t want to be confrontational,” Regalado said. “Consensus is the best scenario.”

City negotiators and FOP leaders will meet again Tuesday morning. Any agreement must be ratified by union members and approved by the City Commission.

Commission Vice Chairman Marc Sarnoff said Wednesday’s talks with the police union represented an important step forward.

“This will turn morale around,” he said.

Negotiations with the firefighters, sanitation workers and general employees unions are ongoing.

Firefighters union President Robert Suarez characterized his talks with the city as “productive,” but said there were still many details to iron out.

“I think we can come to an agreement by October,” Suarez said.

The first budget hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/05/2 ... rylink=cpy

Re: Informal Vote Please

NO

You know, I come on here to see what's happening and this is what I see. Some Jackass asking for people to vote on something that the Herald of all people put out. Come on, man. At least let the FOP put out what the full story is before you start talking trash man. I'm not an Ortiz fan, or FOP for that matter even though I'm too lazy to pull the plug on the membership, but this is ridiculous. As a target of past herald articles pre 9/11 I learned that the herald makes the story as short as possible to save space for advertising. They are not being evil, just trying to pay the rent. Man, stop with the non-sense and let the people we "voted" for do their work. If we don't like it then vote no. If you're like me, you won't even bother to vote.

Are we supposed to trust Ortiz now as he stood silent when Armando Aguilar lied and screws us all? Are we supposed to assume and accept that everything the FOP is doing is for our best interest? Matter of fact where is our president Armando Aguilar? Why isnt he putting out information? It seems to me that he stop being our President but yet still collects a nice montly stipend.....Que clase de come pinga es el tipo ese and he wants to collect over $15,000 for being our president at the end of Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You know, I come on here to see what's happening and this is what I see. Some Jackass asking for people to vote on something that the Herald of all people put out. Come on, man. At least let the FOP put out what the full story is before you start talking trash man. I'm not an Ortiz fan, or FOP for that matter even though I'm too lazy to pull the plug on the membership, but this is ridiculous. As a target of past herald articles pre 9/11 I learned that the herald makes the story as short as possible to save space for advertising. They are not being evil, just trying to pay the rent. Man, stop with the non-sense and let the people we "voted" for do their work. If we don't like it then vote no. If you're like me, you won't even bother to vote.
    Well...since you dont vote at all...STFU and stay off LeoAffairs and keep your opinion to yourself.

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Hold up...did TheVote respond to his own post? The Commish thinks that's pretty weak. C'mon man you copy and paste this article which takes no effort then have the balls to criticize a response? The Commish thinks you should learn how this board works or YOU should stay off. Guess I should be prepared for your emotional response.

Yep, we have a bunch of little whores here that get upset. TheVote have a nice life with your misery.

I need a new take home and new uniforms. I can't pick up as many 33's driving that old car and with old worn out uniforms. I am voting yes 33's are more important to me than a pension or a pay raise. I like work off-duty that's the best way to pick up 33's.

Javie I thank you and my 33's thank you. Just one favor to ask, can the new uniforms come with the sleeves already tighten to show off my guns that also helps get 33's.