And the new Director is... - Page 14
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Banned

Re: And the new Director is...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Can you tell us why JD would not be a good choice? Those of us that haven't worked for him would like an honest non-judgemental answer.
    Can you tell us WHY you think he would be the best choice? What has he done to gain your support?

Mod 646 I'm not endorsing JD, but I also haven't worked for him and would like to know why he wouldn't be the right person for the job. He seems fair, he's moved through the ranks and doesn't seem to have hidden agendas. Of course, that's easily said if you haven't worked for the man. This is why the question was asked.

Banned

I didn't say that he wouldn't do a fair/good job, it's just that I think there are others that might be better for the position. I really don't think that he stands up for the people who work for him. This is just my opinion and I value the opinions of others.

Mod 646 that's fair enough! You've worked for him before and your opinion is valued!

Banned

But to be fair, it was a while ago when we were in Northside. Maybe he's changed, but if he didn't have the back of his officers then I doubt he's changed. Maybe I'm wrong. Its been known to happen.

JD may be a nice guy but that's has nothing to do with being the Director. The skills needed include understanding the political environment, being able to address a variety of public venues including the BCC, understanding administrative tasks (finances, labor, personnel, etc). I think most peopke would agree that these are not only JD's weaknesses but not his favorite things. Also I believe JD is in the DROP and I don't think the Mayor wants a short-timer. I still think it's an outsider.

Ok, enough about JD. How about Santana, Perez, Ubieta, Organvidez. Let's breaknthose down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest305
    JD may be a nice guy but that's has nothing to do with being the Director. The skills needed include understanding the political environment, being able to address a variety of public venues including the BCC, understanding administrative tasks (finances, labor, personnel, etc). I think most peopke would agree that these are not only JD's weaknesses but not his favorite things. Also I believe JD is in the DROP and I don't think the Mayor wants a short-timer. I still think it's an outsider.
    Agreed.

Not his strengths??? Clearly then you have not seen him speak or interact with the bcc. Don't forget he was the admin and tech chief and was the dept liaison to the bcc. He has spoken hundreds of times there and they all know him including Gimenez. As for the finiacials etc, he was support services for many years and probably understands that better than some other parts. While I am not endorsing anyone, please get your facts straight. If anyone from inside has a chance I would bet on him.

JD has no chance. The others mentioned by Guest435 are all viable. Perez may be at a disadvantage due to such short tenure as a Chief. Still think it's an outsider. BTW if it's one of the above what the heck is taking so long. Each of those a just an appointment memo away and if the Mayor can't decide he could akways make one of them the Deputy Director ( remember Steve Rothlein) and one the AD to replace Erched. No something is up...and I think it has to do with an outside selection. Finally my facts about JD are quite right and I have seen him move up the ranks for over 20+ years. He is viewed as a very nice, mild manner guy but has never been taken seriously for the top spot. He was appointed by Parker and is the last remaining of the mess that Loftus had to clean up starting with Ricky Smith.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast