Posted by FHP on their site
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posted by FHP on their site

used to work the south end of Troop E (back in the day).

I got so tired of Metro-Dade cops who were good intentioned, and would stop at my 10-50 as a "back-up"... (yeah right) The Metro cop "attitude" which is ingrained in all of them, because it is part of the Metro "police culture", used to cause me more damn headache's because these Hitlers with LMS, (little man syndrome) would strut around and try to stir up $hit with my stopped subject, or intervene in my traffic stop by running them etc. etc. Only to find out they had warrants or a suspended license or whatever.
    Hell, all I wanted to do was get my blue copy and maybe a warning or a card and move on to the next one.

I actually had to pull these clowns off of my 10-50 (verbally) and ask them to leave because inevitably, they would get my subjects pissed-off enough to fight, and now we had a typical police cluster f^ck as a result of them stirring up the pot.

It evolved to just waving them on when they drive up to my stop, and telling them I was 10-4 and about to wrap it up, even though I might of just made the stop.

They are always trouble on your 10-50's!!!

So, to you MDPD types.... We've got it! If things go south, we can handle it, we don't need your help. Thanks, but NO Thanks!

Re: Posted by FHP on their site

I THINK THIS TROOPER NEEDS TO POST HIS NAME AND PICTURE SO AS HE IS JUST WRITING HIS CITATION ON SOME POSSIBLE WANTED CRIMINAL SO THAT HE CAN MOVE ON TO HIS NEXT 10-50, WE CAN JUST DRIVE BY. I BET HE IS ONE OF THOSE THAT LOVE TO LECTURE COPS FOR GOING A LITTLE OVER ON HIS SO CALLED HIGHWAY. I THINK HIM AND THAT OTHER WACKY FEMALE TROOPER SHOULD RIDE TOGETHER AND TELL EACH OTHER WHAT GREAT TROOPERS THEY ARE, GODS GIFT TO FHP. WHAT A ****EN PRICK!

Why did the "Trooper" make that particular post? Oh yeah the "Trooper" (wink wink) was responding to a Metro Dade cop crying on the FHP forum over his daughter who got a WRITTEN WARNING for causing a traffic crash. Stay classey Miami-Dade..stay classey.

Wrong dip shit! The Trooper demanded the daughter remove the "FOP" decal from her plate. FOP would most likely be the city of Miami since MDPD is PBA. If FHP doesn't want us backing them up, lets not answer up next time.

Trooper likely has a point, some officer's ruin it for all I think this ground has been covered thoughly since 1826.

Banned

How many times have you heard the MDPD dispatcher advise a supervisor, "FHP doesn't have any units available and would like us to handle one of their accidents?" This of course happens when the district is holding calls and also doesn't have any units available. I remember this happening once and then seeing a couple of their units at a local coffee spot.

We are not guilty of that, right???????

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wrong dip shit! The Trooper demanded the daughter remove the "FOP" decal from her plate. FOP would most likely be the city of Miami since MDPD is PBA. If FHP doesn't want us backing them up, lets not answer up next time.
    She caused a crash ****weed....she rearended somebody.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We are not guilty of that, right???????
    I don't recall ever asking FHP to help handling alarm calls during a storm.

Many, many years ago I was driving south on I-95 at NW 79 St in my County sled when I was stopped by a young trooper because the decal on the County unit was just expired. I explained to him that I was an on duty Detective and that it was a County ride (not a take home back then) and they were just late processing the decals. His reply was "I still need to see your license and registration". My answer was that that was not going to happen and if he wanted to take it further, why didn't he get on his radio and call for backup, and I would get on my radio and do the same and then we would see who showed up. He got in his cruiser and drove away without a word.

The point is that FHP is irrelevant in Dade County law enforcement. They put out a few units a shift to do TRAFFIC. They are paid roughly 1/2 what we make. The application list for MDPD lateral classes are populated largely by FHP troopers looking to earn a working wage.

MDPD does not need FHP backup. I never in 33 years had a Trooper save my ass but I saved many of theirs. If FHP truely does not want MDPD backup, fine.

I would say that if you have a stopped subject with warrants and you don't have the balls or inclination to cuff him up and bring him in but would rather issue him a civil TRAFFIC citation then you are working for he right agency, MDPD doesn't need or want you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast