Posted by FHP on their site - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Posted by FHP on their site

Above tuff guy, did you really save someone, oh my. If you did you would not boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Many, many years ago I was driving south on I-95 at NW 79 St in my County sled when I was stopped by a young trooper because the decal on the County unit was just expired. I explained to him that I was an on duty Detective and that it was a County ride (not a take home back then) and they were just late processing the decals. His reply was "I still need to see your license and registration". My answer was that that was not going to happen and if he wanted to take it further, why didn't he get on his radio and call for backup, and I would get on my radio and do the same and then we would see who showed up. He got in his cruiser and drove away without a word.

The point is that FHP is irrelevant in Dade County law enforcement. They put out a few units a shift to do TRAFFIC. They are paid roughly 1/2 what we make. The application list for MDPD lateral classes are populated largely by FHP troopers looking to earn a working wage.

MDPD does not need FHP backup. I never in 33 years had a Trooper save my ass but I saved many of theirs. If FHP truely does not want MDPD backup, fine.

I would say that if you have a stopped subject with warrants and you don't have the balls or inclination to cuff him up and bring him in but would rather issue him a civil TRAFFIC citation then you are working for he right agency, MDPD doesn't need or want you.

If MDPD actually believes a Trooper posted this BS , get your egotistical head out of your asses, seems someone is just stirring your pot to serve there own purpose, just as they do on most of the FHP posts. Think about what you read here and the other forums, we are all cops , yea some ego and turf battles but in my 31 years as a Trooper in miami, orlando jax , tampa and the turnpike I never seen any badge do the crap I read here in LEo affairs. You all are too easily influenced and turned by criminals and idiot civissss pulling your chains. Sure we all have idiots on the payroll, but a 315, 1024 or meet me cuz im not sure about this stop, none of us are gonna think twice we go because we share the same job that few are willing to do but sure eager to put a wedge between us over uniform color or jurisdictional lines. Think hard what you read here and what you believe.

Above, yes excellent !!!!

Banned

Many, many years ago I was driving south on I-95 at NW 79 St in my County sled when I was stopped by a young trooper because the decal on the County unit was just expired. I explained to him that I was an on duty Detective and that it was a County ride (not a take home back then) and they were just late processing the decals. His reply was "I still need to see your license and registration". My answer was that that was not going to happen and if he wanted to take it further, why didn't he get on his radio and call for backup, and I would get on my radio and do the same and then we would see who showed up. He got in his cruiser and drove away without a word.

The point is that FHP is irrelevant in Dade County law enforcement. They put out a few units a shift to do TRAFFIC. They are paid roughly 1/2 what we make. The application list for MDPD lateral classes are populated largely by FHP troopers looking to earn a working wage.

I agree that this is probably the case.

MDPD does not need FHP backup. I never in 33 years had a Trooper save my ass but I saved many of theirs. If FHP truely does not want MDPD backup, fine.

I would say that if you have a stopped subject with warrants and you don't have the balls or inclination to cuff him up and bring him in but would rather issue him a civil TRAFFIC citation then you are working for he right agency, MDPD doesn't need or want you.

If MDPD actually believes a Trooper posted this BS , get your egotistical head out of your asses, seems someone is just stirring your pot to serve there own purpose, just as they do on most of the FHP posts. Think about what you read here and the other forums, we are all cops , yea some ego and turf battles but in my 31 years as a Trooper in miami, orlando jax , tampa and the turnpike I never seen any badge do the crap I read here in LEo affairs. You all are too easily influenced and turned by criminals and idiot civissss pulling your chains. Sure we all have idiots on the payroll, but a 315, 1024 or meet me cuz im not sure about this stop, none of us are gonna think twice we go because we share the same job that few are willing to do but sure eager to put a wedge between us over uniform color or jurisdictional lines. Think hard what you read here and what you believe.

Well said, I have 30 yrs on and did 6 years in Miami, 2 times I got way in over my head, to say I was fighting 3 from a sig10 on mids called for help and like 50 people came to save my ass, and yes we were outside the city limits of miami but that didnt stop them, they came and i'm here today to say again thank you , Miami, Metro-dade and some others by the airport. Yes i'm a Trooper and i'm sick of all this fighting i read here, I guess the 80's was a different time for us old timers, To my brothers in south Florida, stay well stay safe, I got a few years to go.

Finally, someone with some sense!

Finally, someone with some sense!
    Being in the city for over 22 years , city and county will always back up a trooper or any officer. At the end of the day we all have a family waiting for us.

Wishing many blessings to you and your families. Keeping you and your loved ones in our prayers.

Our prayers continue!

Wishing many blessings to you and your families. Keeping you and your loved ones in our prayers.

Our prayers continue!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast