Pete Lombardo is involved in an all out,don't let the facts get in the way of a story campaign against Ed Brodsky. Lombardo has lied about his prosecution record, claiming to have had a 100 percent conviction rate on sex cases. This is a lie. When the Brad Herald pointed that out to Lombardo, he said that he did not count that case because it was a Judgement of acquittal and not a jury acquittal. A loss is a loss.
Lombardo's home is under foreclosure in Manatee County and has been so for two years. When confronted about that, he said that he was refinancing.
Lombardo's latest ask gary backed postcard centered on the fact that Ed Brodsky was once a democrat. That same postcard says "Don't let politics make its way into the state attorney's office". If you can figure that logic out give me a call.
I just retired from that Sarasota PD after 25 years and have dealt with Ed Brodsky on many occasions. I believe that Ed will make a great State Attorney. He has the respect of the employees of that office. Lombardo on the other hand has divorced himself from the truth and has employed an all out slime fest. I have no respect for him at all.
I am requesting that everyone familiarize themselves with this very important decision. Contact as many people as you can and have them vote for Ed Brodsky.
thx for your time, Ken Halpin (ret) SPD