6 Horrifying Displays of Stupidity by the TSA

6 Horrifying Displays of Stupidity by the TSA

Re: 6 Horrifying Displays of Stupidity by the TSA

With 40,000 employees, there are certainly going to be incidents. Most are doing a fine job though and a great deal of them have police and/or military backgrounds. Again, the few that screw up are typically the same jackasses you would see screwing up in any job. More importance needs to be put on the recruiting process.

I am more curious as to why there is a TSA forum on LEO affairs. TSA is not law enforcement by any definition.

TSA employees recently received new Police-type uniforms and badges along with their new title of "Officers". They run VIPR checkpoints at truck stops and mass transit terminals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_In ... ponse_team). In dealings with the public, they continue to insinuate that they are federal law enforcement while they are not. Their administrator, ex-FBI Wonder Kid John Pistole continues to lobby the White House and select members of Congress to grant TSA Officers Federal law enforcement status(Special Agent/Federal Police Officer). They are generally recognized among my former colleagues as coming from the bottom of the federal patronage barrel. Good luck firing any of them since they are now represented by the American Federation of Government Employees.

I am still trying to understand why there is a section for TSA on a law enforcement forum. The TSA is not a law agency, its a baggage checker department. If it were an LEO agency they wouldn't be able to violate the civil rights of every single person they encounter.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1967822
    I am still trying to understand why there is a section for TSA on a law enforcement forum. The TSA is not a law agency, its a baggage checker department. If it were an LEO agency they wouldn't be able to violate the civil rights of every single person they encounter.
    LEOs? They are basically sex perverts who get off feeling up old ladies, young children, or other men and have found a way of getting paid to do what would get them arrested anywhere else.