Monitor Program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Program

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Monitor Program

Your Sheriff has decided that your agency will join Monitor Program. In short, your agency will appoint one or more Monitors to monitor the Message Board. Just like Moderators they will NOT have access to IP Addresses. The only thing that Monitors will be able to do, is Temporarily remove a post. Then a full Moderator will have to review it, to make sure that it is a violation of the Terms of Use before it is permanently deleted. To read more about Monitors click here http://www.leoaffairs.com/message-boards/moderation/.

Your agency has selected Capt James Mallo to be the first Monitor. His id on the Message Board will be MonitorJM. I understand Capt Mallo's position in your agency, and it will NOT be a conflict, as he will NOT have any access to privileged information, like IP Addresses, and any action he takes will be temporary and subject to review by a full moderator.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Re: Monitor Program

Way too cave in to Dept. Heads there Mod1. Just what we need, creepy mcCreep Mallo deleting posts.

"I understand Capt Mallo's position in your agency, and it will NOT be a conflict"

Really, you don't see a conflict with giving a member of the sheriff's command staff the ability to delete posts?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Way too cave in to Dept. Heads there Mod1. Just what we need, creepy mcCreep Mallo deleting posts.

"I understand Capt Mallo's position in your agency, and it will NOT be a conflict"

Really, you don't see a conflict with giving a member of the sheriff's command staff the ability to delete posts?
    He only has the power to temporarily delete. Either of the Board Moderators, any Staff Moderator, or Administrator can override him if the post doesn't violate the Terms of Use.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

You may or may not agree with the "Monitor" program. The fact is, as MOD 1 stated, it allows the Monitor to remove something in question just long enough so that it can be reviewed. Kind of a little "Time out" of sorts.

I've both agreed and disagreed with things that our Monitor has questioned. I hope you can appreciate that someone has to keep an eye on things. So what is the harm if something is delayed in being viewed or reviewed and removed because of content?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Take care and be safe,

Mod 678

Sorry 678, but you are not the most credible or reliable person either.

Be safe.

Sorry 678, but you are not the most credible or reliable person either.

Be safe.
    Dear Guest,

Please feel free to reach out to me in what ever form you find appropriate.
    I'd appreciate your feedback, assuming it is sincere and well thought out. Given that I am required by TOU to keep my identity confidential, and you post as a guest, I'd suggest that you start a new thread if you really wish to discuss my moderation. I'm perfectly o.k. with it being a public discussion. My skin is thick; just like my head. If you prefer private discussions, try setting up a profile and send me a PM.

I have indeed been an active mod on the PSO page. That is what the position requires, or at least, what it asks for, from the the appointed mods. If your opinion of my moderation is based on the fact that I don't tolerate the "Free for All" slam attacks, then sorry, we'll have to agree, to disagree.

I often read and review the board after working some long days. Sometimes my attitude and tolerances for silly BS are better then at other times. I serve at the pleasure of MOD 1. So if he wants me out, he'll tell me to hit the road. Until that time, I'll try to continue to be as fair on here as is possible, even when I disagree on a personal level. I'm a moderator, not a censor.

Again, I'm not here to take sides. I'm also not one to stand by and watch as someone is attacked in a topic or thread by a nameless, faceless, computer cowboy. If that describes you, sorry. If not, great.

We all, as LEOs that is, allegedly stand up for the same basic human rights, principles and freedoms for the citizens we serve. That means I'll stand up for your freedom of speech, even if it is 100% different than that of mine. What I won't stand up for is the "Bully" mindset that many people bring to the threads. If you have a real problem, go deal with it, get some help, talk it out with the person in question. The blame game is a waste of time in my opinion.

As for my reliability? Well, I'm not sure I understand what that means. Are you saying I don't check-in here enough? Happy to listen to your thoughts. Again, on the topic of "credible" not sure where you are going on that one. If there is a particular thing, specifically a topic or comment, you'd point out that brings my "Credibility" into question, please let me know. If I've offended anyone, it was most likely while in the same breath of defending someone else.

Be safe and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

Take care,

Mod 678

Quote Originally Posted by mod 678
    Dear Guest,
    Please feel free to reach out to me...........I'm perfectly o.k. with it being a public discussion. My skin is thick; just like my head
    Based on your lengthy need to explain yourself to an unknown person...I'd say your skin is anything but thick. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by mod 678
    Dear Guest,
    Please feel free to reach out to me...........I'm perfectly o.k. with it being a public discussion. My skin is thick; just like my head
    Based on your lengthy need to explain yourself to an unknown person...I'd say your skin is anything but thick. :roll:
    Republic - would a short, nasty note have made your feel better? :snicker:

Just proved his point.

Keep your head low 678, and run with the herd.

What am I missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast