McCully/Lofus POAT investigation???? - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Re: McCully/Lofus POAT investigation????

Fret not Whistler Blower, route your allegations to Governor Rick Scott’s office. Clearly, the Miami-Dade County Inspector General Office (IGO); unlike the MDPD’s Environmental Bureau and the PBA’s president’ questionable pay cases, has cravenly abdicated his responsibilities and swerved your complaints to the source of the alleged problem – the Miami-Dade Police Department. As if that would bring clarity and transparency to your claims! It appears no one wants to touch your complaints with a ten foot pole. The Miami Herald has been curiously silent and even that paragon of truth and incisive journalism, Jim Defede, has not waded into the maelstrom. And Mayor Gimenez, obviously he is not interested or willing to play; not yet any way. How interesting! The Governor and the Attorney General, however, may not be as acquiescent. You cite that POAT is using free FDLE office space to conduct the trust’s business while officers and significant employees are on Miami-Dade’s pay roll. That alone, must be reason enough to investigate, as it may be theft of taxpayers’ subsidized wages. If that is the case, POAT is too noble a cause to be soiled by the deeds and greed of a few opportunists. Your allegations, Whistle Blower, must be fully vetted and if you are blowing smoke and impugning those who have dedicated their own time and effort to this worthy cause, likewise your claims must be exposed for what they may be. . .
    I remember this guy, how's retirement treating you? I see you're still throwing out the $5 dollar words. I like the post, I would go with the BLOWING SMOKE direction and that other word IMPUGN...., IMPUN...., IMPU... SOMETHING whatever, you get the picture. :mrgreen:

Also, when it comes to discipline, doing the correct thing, suspensions, demotions or forced and voluntary resignations and disappearences, appointed people hold the winning record per capita, hows that?
    Not sure I understand, what were you trying to say? I read this three different times and every time I understood it differently, sorry.

Command personnel have a much higher rate of discipline and failure that the rank and file, by far.

much higher rate of discipline and failure that the rank and file
    Ok, I respect your opinion but don't really agree with it entirely. Discipline and Failure? I don't know..... I believe that we often see some changes at those high level positions when there's a change at the very top. That's reality, it happens. Again, when we see that, in my opinion, it all depends on what side you're looking at it from. I'm sure if you're the one getting, demoted, disciplined, forced out or suspended, as you put it, then yes it may seem unfair or unjust.

However, the other side of that coin is the outsiders looking in. They may see those in the high positions as people who really didn't earn those jobs to begin with. They may have been slighted themselves in the promotion process by previous Command Level personnel, and now turn about is fair play.

I may screw up this but isn't it said, "Be careful with the ass you kick today, it might be then one you have to kiss tomorrow". In my case I don't worry about those things, I came on a long long time ago and still pound the pavement. I have however had the displeasure of watching a great department being torn apart in the past 10 years.

Yeah what ever, Loftus haters will jump on me for this, but I believe the guy has worked miracles with what was left for him to work with. There you go I said it, it's my opinion, Sid, Purdy Disciple, MPI69, go for it, unleash the hatred I can handle it. :P :P

No, I am done. Keep the cat's scat under the rug and enjoy the smell!

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2 ... 9428-9.pdf

Some interesting information on this document that perhaps many are not aware of..

Page 23 shows almost 100K in Land, over 555K in Buildings and almost 30K in Equipment. Are they claiming the entire FDLE building??? If not, where is the land in buildings not to mention the equipment??? As someone who has paid into the POAT these are valid questions not to mention what they are used for - the memorial is in a County park and they are in a State building. How about the "professional fees" and "office expenses" - details please. 7K for telephones - wonder who has a cellphone on this bill? Do all those people actually come into the POAT office to work or I wonder if they do their weekly amount of time on County, City or State time, hmmmmm :devil:

Well, first the good news. Hey the POAT is fiscally sound. They are rolling in money, actually. The previous poster does bring up some good points though. 23k for office expenses in a state facility with only two people assigned there? 7k in phone bills?

I've said it once and now I will say it again FORENSIC AUDIT. By an independent organization. Hell, the POAT should even pay for it to clear the air. I personnally don't think that there is anything ILLEGAL going on. But, It would certainly clear things up and hopefully restore the confidence if an auditor put out a positive report. The POAT then should send out a short news letter to all of us who donate so we can see for ourselves. Until that happens, theres going to be alot more finger pointing and questions.

Now, possibly there has been some mistakes made and mismanagement of funds. If that is the case, the board can take corrective action and get on with the very honorable mission the POAT has. If the board decides to just look the other way and ignore the allegations its just going to make it appear that something is amiss.

This return makes me ask many questions....How money was lost on a golf tournament when most everything is donated??There sure is a lot of time allowed for POAT work on County time by a lot of people, yet some (Mcully) sure do a ton of extra work. Who is paying for that? What do Duncan and Butler do for forty hours a week? How are these positions assigned? Do they bid? If they work full time for POAT why do they hold status as an MDPD employee? I understand that the PBA as bargaining unit is afford this by the County government, but another entity?? Full time?? A whole host of questions.

And this stuff does not touch on some of the other issues earlier on this blog that still need answers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Brad
    Page 23 shows almost 100K in Land, over 555K in Buildings and almost 30K in Equipment. Are they claiming the entire FDLE building??? If not, where is the land in buildings not to mention the equipment??? As someone who has paid into the POAT these are valid questions not to mention what they are used for - the memorial is in a County park and they are in a State building. How about the "professional fees" and "office expenses" - details please. 7K for telephones - wonder who has a cellphone on this bill? Do all those people actually come into the POAT office to work or I wonder if they do their weekly amount of time on County, City or State time, hmmmmm :devil:
    I wonder if the 555K is the Police Memorial site at Tropical Park? Just asking.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast