Goodbye Sgt Counsman

Goodbye Sgt Counsman

Couney was a great guy and a great leader. He will be missed.

Re: Goodbye Sgt Counsman

What a guy! Every time we think of him, it will always be with fondness. Heaven gained someone who will keep them all laughing through eternity. He did a great job here on earth--wish we hadn't lost touch after he retired.

Till we meet again Couny, rest in peace.

Although I never worked directly under him, I did have the opportunity to work with him on numerous occassions and he was a great Sgt. to work with. Everybody I know that worked for him had nothing but good things to say about him. He was described as a COPS COP !!!! RIP John Counsman !!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

I worked for Couny back in the day and everyone is right, he was a great supervisor. I remember the day he suckered me and Doug Maxwell into playing racket ball against him...we didn't stand a chance. He also swung a mean expandable baton...I still bear marks from some of the misses (grin). He will be missed!

In case anyone is interested, here are some links that might interest you including a guestbook:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...00&mid=5136686

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/dign...&pid=158021600

I remember Couny playing softball with my dad when I was a snotty nosed little kid with the police softball team. There were a lot of egos on that team, but Couny was not one of them. He was funny and kind to me and my brother which stood out to us.
    A few years after becoming a police officer, I went to work for Couny in QUAD as a snotty nosed little "rookie". I was happy to see the same kind, and funny man. We as police officers see a lot and endure a lot on this job but this didn't change Couny. Couny was a good man, and good example to those of us who were fortunate enough to have known him. I for one, will always miss him and never forget his kind voice, and words. God Bless His Soul.