Red Light Cameras - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Red Light Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Truther
    As you approach an intersection you see a child on the edge of the road. Uncertain if the child will dart out or not you make a hasty stop.

The guy behind you is NOT PAYING ATTENTION, PERHAPS TEXING ON HIS CELL PHONE, OR IS IN A HURRY assumes you are just going to go throught intersection and strikes you from the rear.

The pressence of the child caused the accident?

Im sure your stupid.
    Why yes, uncertainty of the actions of extraneous factors can affect the actions of the driver. It is true for the timing of the red lights and for the presence of the child.

It's a shame you can't just discuss things without needing to attempt to be insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    "I am uncertain whether or not it will turn to red before I get to the intersection because there is no standard time that a light stays yellow"

The light stays yellow one second for every 10 miles per hour for the speed limit at that location; ie 35 MPH = 3.5 sec yellow, 50 MPH = 5 sec yellow. So if you are not speeding, you can safely stop.
    Well thank you for that. I've been a cop for 40 years and I didn't know that. But of course I haven't worked traffic since Hector was a pup.

I would bet not one civilian in 10,000 is aware of that timing plan.

I'm going to drive around and see how many lights comply with the standard.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by You understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Time
    "I am uncertain whether or not it will turn to red before I get to the intersection because there is no standard time that a light stays yellow"

The light stays yellow one second for every 10 miles per hour for the speed limit at that location; ie 35 MPH = 3.5 sec yellow, 50 MPH = 5 sec yellow. So if you are not speeding, you can safely stop.
    Well thank you for that. I've been a cop for 40 years and I didn't know that. But of course I haven't worked traffic since Hector was a pup.

I would bet not one civilian in 10,000 is aware of that timing plan.

I'm going to drive around and see how many lights comply with the standard.

Thanks.

Not many.

As you approach an intersection you see a beautiful large brested woman on the edge of the road. Uncertain if the boobies will dart out or not you make a hasty stop (Plus you really wanted to see those boobies).

The guy behind you is NOT PAYING ATTENTION, PERHAPS TEXING ON HIS CELL PHONE, OR IS IN A HURRY assumes you are just going to go throught intersection and strikes you from the rear.

The pressence of the boobies caused the accident?

I'm sorry,I really like boobies... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As you approach an intersection you see a beautiful large brested woman on the edge of the road. Uncertain if the boobies will dart out or not you make a hasty stop (Plus you really wanted to see those boobies).

Actually, it was caused by the Boob behind the wheel. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Yep

Actually, it was caused by the Boob behind the wheel. :mrgreen:

Or maybe the dude in the car behind ya wasn't texting at all but checking out Dos Boobies as well and failed to see your brake lights. :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Or maybe the dude in the car behind ya wasn't texting at all but checking out Dos Boobies as well and failed to see your brake lights. :snicker:
    Yupp..Good point Sir Blog....It could have been a double whammy boob-elated accident...Maybe they need to put another box in the Crash Reports..."Check her if booby related."

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Yupp..Good point Sir Blog....It could have been a double whammy boob-elated accident...Maybe they need to put another box in the Crash Reports..."Check her if booby related."
    Agreed. :snicker: :snicker:

No problem here with red light cameras! The fear of getting rear ended is real "any time" you stop for a red light! Camera or no camera. I was rear ended in my marked patrol when I made a safe and slow stop for a red light!!! There is no guarantee of safety at any intersection controlled by a signal.

Besides, those intersections with cameras "have" reduced the number of red light violations, thus crashes caused by red light runs.

Unless out of sync, every intersection's yellow light is long enough to allow someone to stop safely "IF" [1] they start to slow when the yellow light comes on, [2] they are doing the speed limit and [3] paying attention to what they are doing!

As for cops getting tickets.....If you are going to dance, you have to pay the fiddler!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12