Spare vehicle

Thread: Spare vehicle

Spare vehicle

I have been in the Dept. for a long time, I am a midnight officer. Today I took my vehicle for service at 6 AM when I got the spare the gas was past the E, i find this to be very unreasonable from the officer that was previously assingned this vehicle, I don't care to find out who this officer was I rather come here and make everyone aware of this issue. Everytime I check out a spare and return it I make sure that it at least has a 1/4 to 1/2 tank if not full like I turned it in today, I know if I asked the same from all you it will be asking for too much, you may think this is funny and BS but I am sure that one day it will happen to you and then you will know how it feels. All I am asking is for a little of consideration, we don't get support from the community, city hall, the least we can do is help each other it is not a matter of who likes who it is about helping each other out. The bottom line I 06 at 7 Am and had to go to get GAS on my time, again if this will happen to you, you will remember this post. this is not about Ralph, I think he does a great job making sure we always have spares, for instances this morning there were 6 officers that needed a spare and he was able to provide, the person in charged before was a MESS. "Thank you Ralph for always looking out for the troops"

Re: Spare vehicle

Per DO's you are not allowed to have less than half a tank at all times. Follow the rules.

Blow me! I did give f..k what you think.. put gas if not drive your personal car home..

go see hugo gomez, he will bend the rules and give you what you want if you promiss to make some dip arrest for him.

get used to it around here, no one gives a crap about the other guy

i cant tell you how many spares ive had that were rolling pig pens

Member LEO Affairs Detective

The Commish says if you've been here a "long time" midnight officer then you should be use to it. We all are aware of it, even those who have not been here a "long time". The Commish does think that this is a funny and BS complaint. Get over it and be sure to fill up the tank for me.