I will make this very clear... there is a blogger on the NDN who is using the screen name of MOD167. I am not that person and that persons' only motive, by using this screen name, is an attempt to discredit the CCSO, LEO AFFAIRS and our board.

It appears that statements made by Vinny and Ortino, quoted in the NDN (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/...to-be-a-of-08/), indicate that they will stop at nothing to make their election campaign this year a dirty one.

With that said, the rules of this forum will be strictly enforced to the fullest. I will not warn or caution anyone who chooses not to follow them. Instead, I will simply delete your post. This board is not for the purpose of promoting any candidate for an elected office nor will I allow the mockery that goes on in the NDN blogs (Or other LEO AFFAIR message boards) to be the "norm" on this board.

To all of those who have long supported our message board with professional behavior and intelligent discussions, I thank you for your contribution and continued support in making our message board one of the most positive and productive boards for LEO AFFAIRS.

As a side note, please remember a favorite tactic during the last election year was to post controversial discussions and then copy and post the link of our board on the NDN blogs with the sole intent to discredit our agency and its members. Please use caution when replying to any of these posts made by the supporters of Vinny, Ortino or anything else which is intended to cause controversy.

Thank you,

The ONLY Mod 167!!