Promotions?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotions??

Re: Promotions??

Wow some very interesting posts since I last logged on. GOCANES, I am shocked that you think Loftus is the best Director you have served under. I must ask you how you define a good Director? A true leader is someone who has a vision and moves that entity towards that vision. This department has not enjoyed that since Fred Taylor left. It was during that time that this department was looked at and respected nationally as one of the most progressive and best. It started a downhill slide when he left that has only accelerated during the present Directors tenure. I know many of you want to give him a pass because of the budgetary issues, but come on. At what point to you grow a set and say I can't do it was anymore cuts instead of laying down time and time again.

I am not advocating a elected position, but we need a change agent here and that cannot be accomplished from within. You credit Loftus with ridding the Department of unfit command staff, but the reality is he is the one who promoted the zero in Media and the only reason he got rid of those command staff position is because he was told to do so by the mayor.

Guest31511 you have hit the nail on the head. Instead of promoting qualified people this agency has a history of promoting those who are politically connected and the proper demographic. It has never had to do with capabilities. This goes right with what I said earlier.

Spiderman I suggest to you to do a little research before you make statements. If there was anyone who was a photo op guy it is Loftus. Always ready with a crocodile tear when the media is around, or to stand there for the perp walk. He loves the media. As I stated before I am not 100% enamored with Timoney, but he has a documented history of being a change agent in police work and you cannot take away the positive changes that he made at the City. No one is perfect.

But let's get back to the promotions. I have heard too that there will be additional budget cuts which may result in more layoffs, but they seem to be moving ahead anyway with these interviews and promotions. Anyone hearing any names??

Banned

I think all the past Directors (1983 to present) had their faults. I do agree that during the Taylor era, the Department had the best national image but that was due to the officers that had been hired over the past few years. Standards have dropped.

Over 30 years, I have seen many unqualified persons get promoted, along with some good ones. June Randall, Willie Marshall, Frank Vecin, Rita Banner, Veronica Ferguson, Sheila Thomas, Elise Thompson, but that's just my opinion.

"You credit Loftus with ridding the Department of unfit command staff, but the reality is he is the one who promoted the zero in Media and the only reason he got rid of those command staff position is because he was told to do so by the mayor."

I disagree with your assertion that he got rid of all these people for the Mayor. The previous Mayor was the one who promoted alot of them! I also disagree about T-money. The City of Miami has been a mess for as long as I can remember! I personally witnessed T-Money in action, him and his do-boy. He was quick to punish people, just like Carlos Alvarez. Even when he was getting a free ride and other perks. I wouldn't mind an outsider, but not T-Money. I have been through four directors and each has had their "cronies". I guess when your on top, you surround your self with people you trust.

I am starting to have my doubts about loftus, as I hear he has become a yes man. But I will continue to evaluate him and I think who he promotes will say alot about him. I don't think he has been in charge for long enough to give him a grade yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646
    I think all the past Directors (1983 to present) had their faults. I do agree that during the Taylor era, the Department had the best national image but that was due to the officers that had been hired over the past few years. Standards have dropped.

Over 30 years, I have seen many unqualified persons get promoted, along with some good ones. June Randall, Willie Marshall, Frank Vecin, Rita Banner, Veronica Ferguson, Sheila Thomas, Elise Thompson, but that's just my opinion.

MOD646. I hope that list of names is the unqualified ones? I could add a couple dozen more and to add to that, not one of them was a good POLICE OFFICER. How Sad!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646

MOD646. I hope that list of names is the unqualified ones? I could add a couple dozen more and to add to that, not one of them was a good POLICE OFFICER. How Sad!
    Yes it was the list of who I feel were unqualified.

I just can't waitto see it

[quote=MOD 646]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by "MOD 646":p35crs3f

Yes it was the list of who I feel were unqualified.[/quote35crs3f]

Ok, I was starting to worry. Most of them would be on my list of unqualified also.

"I disagree with your assertion that he got rid of all these people for the Mayor. The previous Mayor was the one who promoted alot of them! I also disagree about T-money. The City of Miami has been a mess for as long as I can remember! I personally witnessed T-Money in action, him and his do-boy. He was quick to punish people, just like Carlos Alvarez. Even when he was getting a free ride and other perks. I wouldn't mind an outsider, but not T-Money. I have been through four directors and each has had their "cronies". I guess when your on top, you surround your self with people you trust."

I am starting to have my doubts about loftus, as I hear he has become a yes man. But I will continue to evaluate him and I think who he promotes will say alot about him. I don't think he has been in charge for long enough to give him a grade yet."

What I was saying is the mayor told him to cut positions. He cut those. I sincerely doubt he made all of those decisions himself. They would have been in consultation with the mayor. As with the previous mentioned promotions; the same would be done. With respect to Timony, we will have to differ. I have not expirenced what you have so I cannot draw the same conclusions. However we do agree that an outsider or change agent is appropriate. I am glad that you are seeing thru the Loftus facade. It is very evident that he is a yes man. Who else would lay down and allow the disemmation of their department the way that it has been done. MDPD will never recover and it most certainly will never be what it was. We need a change at the top. Someone with a vision. Someone who is not afraid to take the fight to the media if that is what must be done.

As for the promotions. They are already done. He moved the people he wants into acting positions. Look and you will see them. Other than the sycophant JR, they are pretty much already there. The question is who is the chief? The zero in media or someone else.

JR is the directors little puppet boy. So is media relations. That is probably be why she gets promoted. I have also heard they are looking for diversity up there now that the command staff has been cut so it may not be her. The pickings are mighty slim though. I don't know how they will pull it off though with all of the udder cuts.

Well it should not be too long if the Director can pull it off. Interviews for chief and majors are being scheduled. Let's see if the mayor lets him do the promotions or not. My bet is he won't and it will have to wait till after the election. Anyway how can thy do promotions when they are talking potential layoffs etc. again?..

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast