New blood
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New blood

New blood

Any body knows when the newbs get sworn in? I heard April? Is this true?

Re: New blood

wish I knew, I'm in the process of doing the physical, but haven heard nothing about the Chief interview and when we get hired or sworn in.

I'm currently in the background process. I'm hoping to get scheduled for the poly and pysch soon. April would be awesome! That's right around the corner, so I'm not sure that will happen.

You can't rush a good thing though!

Well background takes a while, then you will be scheduled a physical agility, after that poly then the psych then the final stage is a doctors physical, blood work, EKG audio and visual etc etc etc the hole shebang. Good luck have patience and hope to see you down range.

Thanks for the info. I have some additional random questions. What is the current patrol schedule? Also, any news on the pension situation? Is the city deciding to go to 401(k)s? Why is it that the pension fund only 60% or so funded? :typical rookie gear questions: Is everybody "stuck" carrying a Sig, or are you allowed to carry what you qualify with? How does the take home program work? Any word on external carriers becoming an option?

Thanks for any information.

Wish I could shine some light, but I got nooooooo clue, all I care about is to finish and start FTO, I guess I will find answers to those Q soon after.... Im done with everithing, just waiting to hear when is the Chiefs Interview and when we get sworn in... If anyone knows or got any info it would be greatly apreciated :cop: :cop: :cop:

Awesome dude. Hopefully I'll be right behind you. Did you do the poly and pysch in the same trip? I'm trying to figure how many more trips I'll be making. Good luck. Let us know what the Chief's interview is like. Did they mail you a letter with a conditional offer after the background, or did they call you?

nothing is done on the same trip.... You will receive a call when you have to do a physical agility test... If u pass,(not hard) you will get a conditional... Then is poly, then Pshyc, and then Dr physical, last but not least Chiefs interview....

Thanks for the info.

What does the P.A.T consist of? Is it the basic get out of the car, open the trunk, grab the stuff, run the distance, go over the wall, through the cones, low crawl, dummy drag, then the same in reverse?

Or is the annoying Gainesville PD P.A.T?

WHAT IS G.Ville PAT like? any who the Ocala one is a track loop event in wich after running some distance you jump over a wall, jump over diff size hurddles, side step cones, sprint dummy drag wich by the way will make your legs noodle(lmao) drag the dummy back sprint... u get the point all in reverse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast