Joe Martinez is a loser for us!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joe Martinez is a loser for us!

The Nov. election for Miami-Dade Mayor will have plenty of name calling by the likely suspects....I.E. Rivera and Martinez.

The issue of who the voters are going to back is simple. The voters will go with the one who is going to hold the line on pay, benefits and pension for police and fire folks. That means no matter what is said about Gimenez….he has the upper hand on us.

If we had some smart leaders in our corner, we would be backing a candidate who cares about us and can convince voters he/she is not in the pocket of the Unions.

Joe Martinez is a guaranteed loser for us!

Are there any leaders out there who can do this for us????

Re: Joe Martinez is a loser for us!

He may not be the best candidate but is better than that clown there now. If it is between the two I expect you will do the right thing and help oust the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by VetPO
    The Nov. election for Miami-Dade Mayor will have plenty of name calling by the likely suspects....I.E. Rivera and Martinez.

The issue of who the voters are going to back is simple. The voters will go with the one who is going to hold the line on pay, benefits and pension for police and fire folks. That means no matter what is said about Gimenez….he has the upper hand on us.

If we had some smart leaders in our corner, we would be backing a candidate who cares about us and can convince voters he/she is not in the pocket of the Unions.

Joe Martinez is a guaranteed loser for us!

Are there any leaders out there who can do this for us????
    We strongly disagree! Joe Martinez was one hell of cop! Medal of Valor recipient; rose to the ranks, earning his sergeant’s stripes and lieutenant’s bar. As a Miami-Dade County Commissioner, Martinez has been a stalwart supporter of policing, even in these economically difficult times. The fact is the days of the “fat cows” are over and politicos and unionized public servants alike must seek mutual fiscal accommodations when it comes to public sector benefits and salaries. Pragmatic agreements, unlike the slash and burnt approach Gimenez has so far employed. There will be a lot of pretenders coveting the Miami-Dade mayoral office, but only one has walked in our shoes, worked midnights and faced the hazards of our calling. As for me and my house, we will vote for Joe Martinez.

Does not matter how or what he will do for us, he will "Never" get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Does not matter how or what he will do for us, he will "Never" get elected.
    Dude
    You always say "Never". I have to tell you never use "absolutes" like never or always. Besides, you have a defeatist attitude. I agree that Joe is not likely to beat Gimenez. I don't personally have a problem with Joe, its just I don't see the public supporting another former cop in the near future. Hey, maybe I'm wrong though. Miami voters are pretty damned stupid! Plus, you have about 20,000 pissed county employees (except the firefighters) who will do anything to get rid of Gimenez. He may pull it off, depends who else runs!

Banned

If I still lived in the County, I wouldn't vote for him.

Dude,

Absolutely never.

Stop f****g saying No or Never and go out and vote you ass hat.

Wake up, no way a retired Miami Dade Cop wins this election, unfortunately that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wake up, no way a retired Miami Dade Cop wins this election, unfortunately that's the way it is.
    Really? So in your eminently wise opinion Gimenez is better; so far has he been so?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast