Professional Courtesy

Professional Courtesy

To all officers of the Savannah-Chatham Metro PD: If each and everyone of you believe that you should extend "Professional Courtesy" to both active and retired police officers and their families, I want to remind you that "PC" does not exist in Florida. These "90 day wonders" have no respect for the law enforcement fraternity. If you ever run into a Florida LEO up your way, please do not cut any of them any slack because they won't for you!

Re: Professional Courtesy

Well the poster is right about the 90 day wounders but is wrong that all are like that. I cut everyone slack from other agencies even though I got a ticket in Maryland and Washington DC but I dont hols\d it against an asso\hole or two not to cut anyone a break. Plus I have A great time telling them how I got a ticket in there state and sit in my car a few minutes before letting them off Be safe guys

OP cant be more wrong. I was a cop in Florida before relocating here to Savannah. All the cops I knew down in Florida ALWAYS extended professional courtesy (within reason). I mean you beat your wife, you have to go to jail, cop or not. Now, the FHP is a different story. They would write their own mothers a traffic ticket, thats why every chance I had I would hammer them with citations, and end the stop with, "you can blame your co workers and your agency mentality for those".

I see professional courtesy here in Chatham a lot since relocating here, however the outlying areas such as Effingham, Rincon, Richmond Hill, Tybee Island (where nothing happens) run off stats and it seems and they will arrest or charge anyone with anything (usually upcharging to make themselves look good). I just shake my head, it seems like the majority of them just don't "get it". However, the majority of "cops" that work small, low paying agencies like that really cant work anywhere else, usually from lack of experience or a spotty history in LE.

So in reality, "professional courtesy" is only really guaranteed when your dealing with an experienced cop or cops from large agencies (have better things to do) and the infraction is minor.

Tybee Officers get slammed for a lot of things, the majority of which did not occur or did not occur as alleged.

Guest continues this slamming of Tybee Officers.

Reality is I have extended courtesies to Metro Officer who were speeding or rolling stop signs. What galls is the arrogance of pulling the badge as I walk to the window with the attitude, I am superior and because you work in a small agency, you are inferior.

My POST record is clean,I have not been disciplined, given time off or have any blemishes on my record. The majority of my officers on Tybee have not been disciplined, had time off or been the subject of a POST investigation. We could work wherever we wanted but choose the smaller Department as a personal preference.

Our starting pay is nearly that of Metro.

In short, Guest makes accusations that are not based in fact thus it is his skewered opinion. Perhaps, he might learn something from a small town cop.Our management team is not having to retire and be the subject of a lawsuit.Our management team did not circumvent internal affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee50
    Tybee Officers get slammed for a lot of things, the majority of which did not occur or did not occur as alleged.

Guest continues this slamming of Tybee Officers.

Reality is I have extended courtesies to Metro Officer who were speeding or rolling stop signs. What galls is the arrogance of pulling the badge as I walk to the window with the attitude, I am superior and because you work in a small agency, you are inferior.

My POST record is clean,I have not been disciplined, given time off or have any blemishes on my record. The majority of my officers on Tybee have not been disciplined, had time off or been the subject of a POST investigation. We could work wherever we wanted but choose the smaller Department as a personal preference.

Our starting pay is nearly that of Metro.

In short, Guest makes accusations that are not based in fact thus it is his skewered opinion. Perhaps, he might learn something from a small town cop.Our management team is not having to retire and be the subject of a lawsuit.Our management team did not circumvent internal affairs.
    Really!? I guess you forgot about that whole "un-certified jailer acting as a cop" thing, in public, on orders of probably you (you did say "My Officers" which tells me your brass), the two "cops" who got arrested for felonies for falsifying a report after busting out an autistic kids teeth, and the Chief being run out of town over the whole issue. You lost like 20% of your department on that day. That was just in the last few years. Should I go on? I have plenty of more examples. Hows that for facts?

Congrats on having a spotless record, but its a dead give away your not doing it right. Stay on Tybee where you belong, keep writing those speeding tickets to unwitting tourists, keep camping out at stop signs, keep making those occasional marijuana misdemeanor arrests and leave the real police work to us big city folk!

Unregistered
    Whos got the biggest johnson contest? In realit you all are douche bags. Big city small city. Still pillow biting fags