Traffic Stops - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traffic Stops

Re: Traffic Stops

<<<<<<<Imagine how the dispatchers feel while the Deputies are "waving over" EVERY VEH that drives down 6 mile at Heritage. Because according to a certain Sgt thats where its at! I dont think these Deputies or Sgt realize what typing in a traffic stop actually is.There is not a magic troll that stomps on one button and the whole stop gets entered, attaches the tag and checks on you. There is one dispatcher to the 16 deputies that are on a traffic op. If anyone thinks this is an easy task to keep up with maybe they should come sit in communications. Also they need to ask their case numbers for every stop and time called out? Really? And calls pending....they dont pend, they get squashed but the Sgt over the phone or just we arent going to that. Leave one unit available to take calls and everyone else traffic stops. How lovely is that? Glad I dont live in that area! :devil:>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're kidding, right? It's this type of post that give people like "1ofmany" ammunition to come on here and write the crap he just did about dispatchers. 1ofmany writes, "You have to peel your face out of the feed trough for a few seconds to type, BOO-F'ing-HOO. And God forbid we interupt whatever you are watching on Lifetime television to talk on the radio". Whining about having to do your job only perpetuates the stigma that is already bestowed in dispatchers: fat, lazy women who sit at a cad and stuff their faces with Dorito's and Mountain Dew all while wondering who's going to win on The Biggest Loser. Your job is to dispatch. Whether it be a series of traffic stops over the course of four hours, reading cfs numbers to the SB units because they're always on foot, following your sgt's request to status out bs calls, it's all part of a days work. You're there for 12 hours to do a job -just do it.

My favorite is when they change your call status to what they think it should be.

I got called by a watch commander asking why I did what I did on a call. I explained why I closed out the call the way I did, and he informed me that the call was statused out differently. After tracing it back to the dispatcher she told the WC that she thought I made a mistake so she statused it out his she thought it should be. Sorry for the vagueness.

you people really have no clue what dispatchers do, do you?? Maybe you should come in & do our job for us & we can just go home, I have a lot more important things to do there anyways than make sure your dumb ass goes home safe at the end of they day anyways!

In case you are not aware M13's job is NOT to run every damn person for you just b/c you are too lazy to run your person yourself (yes, there are time where it is an officer safety or you are not in your car, but when EVERY deputy in the district is out on 6mile doing x50's w/their cute little tent set up, it's NOT officer safety!!) Just the same as it's so easy to say "isn't that they city" ... NEWSFLASH: where do you thing 6mile/Heritage Palms is???

It's ridiculous to have 1 unit in the whole district x65ing calls while the everyone else is doing x50's, he must've pissed someone off...

News flash! Your involvement in our safety is minimal at best. I'll do your job if you do mine! It would be nice for me not to have to make life and death descisions (except for my calorie count) . Your job I'm sure is stressful too you. But don't be such a B*^ch on the radio when I ask for something, just do it. Back when I first started dispatcher would ride with the road deputies once a month, and I think we should start that program up again.

I must say there are some excellent dispatchers in the Comm Center. If I could name them I would (TOU). There are some who have all the answers before you think to ask the question and those who actually research the calls they are sending out. My hat is off to those few and I'm sorry that I lumped you in with the rotten ones.

I know I'm one of the demanding ones who wants to know if we have priors or flags at an address where we're being sent or what a suspect was wearing and which way they went, Or if they still have the gun. Things that seem trivial until you get out of your car fat, dumb, and happy and hear bullets whiz by your head because someone couldn't be bothered to put down a whole box of 60 calorie Dove Bars and check for an officer safety flag!

We can't watch our computer screens when we are responding code. We aren't supposed to do it at all when we are driving. I can't go back to my car for a lot of information that is available on the CAD because the guy I just pulled over is fresh out of jail with a history of Battery on LEO. If you are one of the ladies or "the guy" that understands this that I hope my remarks didn't offend you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123