STRIKE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STRIKE

STRIKE

Enough is enough. I do not care what the State of Florida says. WE need to take a stand. I say STRKE. If the county thinks it is safe with 131 less police on the streets then lets see how safe they are with NO police on the streets. STRIKE, STIRKE, STRIKE!!!!!!!

Banned

Re: STRIKE

Stupid idea.

It is a great Idea. I am sure Mod646 still has his job.

Banned

I retired after 28 years. It's not that I don't understand your pain, it's just that striking won't get you anywhere except to lose your certification. The best way is to get rid of the Mayor.

What good is my certification if I cant find a job. The Strike clause by the state for LEO'S was put into place because they always had job security and were never supposed to be able to be "Laid Off".

Banned

That's not true; government employees who have civil service status have always been subject to layoffs. Look at what happened in Boston in the early 80's. The reason that police officers were prohibited from going on strike was that elected official wanted to protect their butts in situations like this. Like I said, get rid of the Mayor!

County Police Officers, the Mayor and the citizens are right, we need to save the county money. I suggest all officers park their police cars and only handle dispatched calls, that way we can save the county gas money.Think green,write less reports and citations.

Just keep advising on 2 man calls! Oh yea, clear for a new call before all your paperwork is finished on the previous. I hear this all the time.

Na, the Mayor will easily get reelected, if someone even hears you say strike you are up a crap creek, Counties broke, so is US thanks to Obama, new day, new economy and a new job, after we completely reset we can get on.

Please elaborate as to how the Obama administration has made the country "broke"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast