CHARGERS - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHARGERS

Re: CHARGERS

They give one to a Captain who isn't even participating in day to day operations at the department, so what good does that car do for the city when it isn't even here? Why not give him one of the Vic's with over 100,000 miles?

No new cars went to admin or supervisors, unless the list changed. The breakdown is most went to the mostly deserving road guys (take homes) who know about cars and one or two to specialtiy units. No one will really know until they are distributed. Agreed some people on the list do not deserve/or need one. We will soon find out though.

how is it fair that our #1 bike guy gets one just because hes on the committee and has a time DURING work to work on car committee stuff. I would like to get paid to work M-T 7-5 and spend half my day flexing out for details, maintaining the gym, working on the car committee and getting paid for it, but unfortunatly i have to work the road and answer calls so i guess im not worthy of a car.

Good - admins or supervisors don't need new cars. They have the best of the Crown Vic's in the fleet, and personally I'd like to drive one of those unmarked since they're more widly recognized by the public as POLICE. LCSO bought up 11 or 12 new Crown Vic's that's sitting at their garage, not in service yet, so the Vic's have a while to go before being phased out. Besides, I don't know how you can do a pursuit or run a call when you have a bike rack on the back of your car, so it doesn't make any sense to give a new one to the bike unit. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the Baker do boys and girls, All of cars will be green and white one day. Thank you for the Curr Charger committee""

the curr charger committee was a waste of time. the cars will still go to who 3rd floor wants, there still gonna be bare bones when it comes to equipment, and i think was a poor choice. We new the crown vic is reliable and everyone likes them we should have got one more year of crown vics and then looked at the year review of how the charger, new ford, and new chevy did. Just my opinion. Even car committee members say the chargers are just a fix and then they want to go to carbon motors or the chevy. That makes sense then the barn will be fixing crown vics, chargers, and whatever we get next. The charger are also to fancy, the touch screen climate controls and radio control and the keyless vehicle system are things that will just keep breaking and having to go to DODGE and not the barn to get fixed.

HOW did he get such a luxury job?

we have crown vics that are still from 2001 in our fleet, i dont think the chargers will last half that long!

I figured it was Curr, especially when his name was thrown in the mix when the media asked what FMPD was going with for their new fleet. The "keyless" system is just asking for trouble, and a touch screen climate was dumb on Dodge's part to include in the police edition Charger's. Crown Vic's are widely recognized nation wide as the official police vehicle, and quite frankly, I think the 'car committee' should've planned better, and budgeted for several new Crown Vic's before Ford stopped production, instead of using that money to order 10 new Charger's, which like you said, is just a 'fix', and the barn will have 3+ models of cars to fix, instead of keeping the fleet consistent. That shows poor organization to the public that the PD has several different cars in fleet, instead of one uniformed product. We already have busted blue and white's with old light bars on top, and that's bad enough.

talk about car assignments now i know specialties all get take homes but its a shame when you have someone like bike cop matt driving a pristine 2006 when theres people that have been here twice as long as him without a take home yet.

curr is on the committe but he's not getting a charger, that's a rumor. Jackson is on the committee and he's getting one.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast