Help Please

Thread: Help Please

Help Please

First off, I'd like to wish everyone happy holidays.
    I'm a LEO from south Florida and I was driving up to CT to visit some relatives for the holidays. On 12-22-11 at 0419 hours I was stopped on I-295 for going 79 in a 65, I really thought the speed limit was 70 like it was the whole highway up to that point. I'm a big boy and I accept responsiablilty for speeding and I can't be angry at the trooper for giving me a ticket. Yes I did present my badge and my DL was behind my department ID so I know the trooper saw that too. The trooper didn't seem like the nicest person in the world so I didn't introduce or ID myself as a fellow LEO. After all was said and done I ended up with a Virginia Uniform Summons for going 79 in a 65. I personally don't writeven stop for under 15 over and I normally cite for 20+, but I don't tell people how to do their jobs and she didn't do anything wrong. I'm a little disappointed that courtesy wasn't extended, I just feel that 14 over is pretty minor and I've extended courtesy for worse. What I need help with is what to do to avoid a conviction for this ticket, I'm looking for the advise that you would give to your mom, brother, or wife if they got the same ticket. I asked her how to take care of the ticket and all I got was her telling me to read it. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter, and if you feel better sending me a message instead of posting then please do. Like I said I'm not bitter or angry towards the trooper, but I am a little disappointed that courtesy couldn't be extended for a minor speeding offense.

Take care, be safe, and have a happy holiday season.

Re: Help Please

you really think --a badge gives you a free pass--you enforce the law- doesn't mean your above...---you look at the signs-- not assume ,,,, she was right with the ticket--- you were wrong....