Pursuit Policy

Thread: Pursuit Policy

Pursuit Policy

I'd like to know how you all feel about the chase policy. I think going to a non forcible felony pursuit policy is a big mistake. I think so strongly about this that I have started pursuing vehicles without telling anybody. Last night I was running radar on the stretch when I clocked a green neon at 87 mph. I went after it and it took off. I ran that ***** to bunker, where I lost him on one of the dirt roads. I'm gonna keep doing this and no one can stop me. Catch me if you can Sarge.

Re: Pursuit Policy

I agree with you 100%. What happened to the good old days when you could drive down Old 98 cranking off rounds at a vehicle and then run it until the sun went down? I guess you have to be a Lt. or above to have any kind of fun like that. Maybe if a new Sheriff gets elected we can go back to the run what you brung chase policy. Until then I'm going to stick to Cow Tipping. :P

I agree, what have we elected, a nut? My boss is such a dunce, I won't name names but his significant other runs investigations, he wouldn't know a pursuit from a rodeo. We all got together and started chasen regardless of policy. When they crash we just drive off and thats that. This is actually better, no reports.

Gentleman, look at the Supreme Count rulings on pursuits by law enforcement. Believe it or not you are backed. But are you? State law can over rule an supreme court ruling. Now if that wasn't enough to make you puck,your department policy can screw you over. Now, your department is thinking that they are getting one up in the liability game,but the truth is the dirty bags are see the change. We have had an increase in the crime rate to the west like you would not believe. Just wait till cameras an gps hits your cars. Running cars will burn your ass. The best thing to do is call in the attempted stop then cancel yourself. Scannerville will hear and hopefully calls start being made to the powers that be. Just remember in the civil courts your office will hang you out to dry over a stupid general order. It is not worth losing your job over a departments no ball policy. Now just for your information, the Supreme Court ruling is Scott v Harris. Once you read this you'll really question the department mind set. Even the state is pursuing now. Be safe...