Is ONE district being ignored for promotions/transfers?

Is ONE district being ignored for promotions/transfers?

I was hired somewhere between 10 and 20 years ago. My modular had 30 to 40 deputies in it. 20 something deputies are still here. I noticed that many of the deputies in my modular that work the same district that I do, are still in patrol. This caused me to do a little research.

All of the deputies that are in my district, are still on patrol, despite their (our) numerous memos over the years requesting transfers to specialty squads, and most of us being on promotional eligibility lists.

Every single other deputy that was in my modular, who does not work in my district, has either been promoted or transferred to a nonpatrol specialty squad. Every single one of them. Not one of them is on patrol in another district.

Now word has it that if the Major dosen't have your back, you aint going anywhere. And, I am sure that this is true not only for my district, but for all other 3 districts as well. So, does this mean that My Major has no ones back that came from my modular, and the other majors through out the years have had the backs of every single other deputy in my modular?

Is this a legitimate concern, or am I spewing sour grapes because I, and my fellow modular deputies (just those work in my district) are still on patrol?

Let me know if this just sounds like sour grapes, or if something that needs to be looked at (maybe by Col. Brown, or anybody else).

Re: Is ONE district being ignored for promotions/transfers?

District I: Some decision making allowed, Captain and Major reasonably trusted by el Coronel and el Jefe. The Captain is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet in your life. This district should count itself as lucky just for that. The Major is great at navigating the waters with great credibility.

District II: Zero decision making allowed, Captain and Major have no clout for any decisions. El Coronel and El Jefe run this district. Major is the whipping boy at staff constantly, just ask and anyone will tell you. The Captain has too much "balls" in speaking his mind, and well, that does not sit well with the sandbox bosses.

District III: Very competent commanders (most intellectual combo of the D's), but timid. Captain and Major will not rock the boat. El Coronel and El Jefe leave them alone. Would get more if they manned up and asked for it.

District IV: Major has the dirt either memorized or written down with polaroids stashed somewhere. He gets what he wants and is not bashful about throwing his weight around. He runs his district as if he was the Sheriff of that turf and demands "what happens in D4, stays in D4...we take care of our own". Captain along for the ride and just lucky to be where he is at this point.

That about sums it up. Of course you can bypass all of that if you got an in with an El Coronel or El Jefe. Better have political, monetary, or suck up mojo for that avenue though. Have fun.

District I: Some decision making allowed, Captain and Major reasonably trusted by el Coronel and el Jefe. The Captain is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet in your life. This district should count itself as lucky just for that. The Major is great at navigating the waters with great credibility.

Agree with you about the new Capt.

The Maj............ :shock:

He is nice to your face, but will find ANY reason to hold you back. I mean ANY reason. You know every single deputy makes mistakes from time to time, but he holds hard working deputies back for MINOR mistakes (we all make minor mistakes every single day), while his major blunder as a detective kept an innocent man in prison for 2 years.... He made a huge mistake, but still got promoted.

There are numerous other people recently promoted who have made MAJOR MAJOR mistakes. I.e. pizza hut, stealing stete crimes money then falsfying documents and also lying about it...etc., etc.,

it all boils down to they know who they want, and regardless of the mistakes they boys'girls make, they will give them the positions they want them to have. And they will tell other hard working and desrving deputies that thier mistakes are too big and that they are not ready yet. (They will never be ready)

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Is this a legitimate concern, or am I spewing sour grapes because I, and my fellow modular deputies (just those work in my district) are still on patrol?
    It's cool. You can say it. We all know you're talking about District 2.