Well hello,

No, this thread isn't about Christmas, friends. Those twenty or so of you on patrol, take a break from writing your fourteen UTCs this month, because it's about that time to hide behind our computers, and start posting shit that will n-e-v-e-r be taken into consideration, or is that what EAB is for? Either way, I'd like to kick this thread off with a little math problem I can't make sense of.

68-1=67

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'That makes perfect sense, dude.' Well, let me break it down for you: The total number of Officers at PCPD (68) minus the number of greedy chiefs (1) equals the number of Officers getting ****ED (67)! Yay!! I know, I know, if I'm soooo unhappy, leave and go to TPD, or HCSO. Funny thing about that, If a few of the thirty-or-so administrative personell would actually do something worthwhile, they could probably come up with a plan to give people reasons to stay. 'You should be happy you have a job,' you say. You should stfu, and get going on the plan to save the good officers we still have, because you have clearly forgotten what its like to be a 'real cop.'

On a more serious not, here are a couple of simple solutions that might help us. (fiscally, morally, long and short term)

1) Department changes

When high paid Captains and Sergeants retire, do NOT promote anyone else. We have more than enough supervisors. Also, the salary of a new, CONTRIBUTING, Officer is no where close to a maxed out supervisor.

STOP HIRING DUMBASSES. If a person can't cut it, don't waste more money or time forcing them through training. We waste enough money paying Captains and Admin. Sergeants to walk office-to-office Mon to Fri.

Start hiring decent people in a timely matter. Waiting 'till the Holidays are over to save a couple hundred bucks would be valid, except that we just ordered a $32,000 Tahoe despite having a fleet of actual patrol vehicles in desperate need of replacment during a record-low budget.

Close two of the four open positions, and award small raises to everyone. We've been working short for several years now, and we are doing juuust fine. Throw us a bone, braaa.

Return to a shift bidding system. There is NO valid reason not to, and sometimes something as small as this can go a loooong way, without costing a dime.

2) Pension changes

Elect a pension representative that is actually affected by the decisions made. Our pension cannot sustain itself the way things are going. Changes are needed, now.

GET RID OF THE DROP. Goodbye. You've done your time, now hand over the reins. Thank you.

In summary, these are the facts:

- Our contribution rate IS going to INCREASE!
- The cost of Health insurace IS going to INCREASE!
- The budget is NOT going to INCREASE!

One of two things is going to happen over the next several months:

Scenario #1 (likely) - We don't change shit. We start to lose good Officers (already started) to other agencies, because we are a stagnant department. We get no raises, we hire second-class Officers, and our retirement goes to shit. The Officers that remain stop doing what little proactive police work they are still allowed to do, and tension increases department-wide, forcing morale down even further.

Scenario #2 - We get our shit together. We elect a new pension rep to responsibly represent the majority, not the minority. We get rid of the drop and find money to give small raises. In turn, we improve morale and attract good applicants. Productivity will increase.

Did I meantion EAB is a waste of time? Enough ranting, back to S73...