Pepper spraying passive protesters

Pepper spraying passive protesters

I read the article in today (Sunday's) paper about the officer pepper spraying passive student protesters. In Oakland last month an Iraq War veteran was seriously injured and I ask myself what has gone wrong. Why are modern day educated law enforcement officers acting like German storm-troopers under Hitler.

Do you not realize that these protesters are protesting on your behalf as well as other everyday Americans, or do you think that somehow the 1% will really look out for your well-being.

In Florida the Governor is trying to privatize all Correction Officer positions and turn the jails over to private companies for profit. (There is a court order in place to stop it for now).

Do you not see the LEO layoffs across the country, the cuts to benefits, and if you don't think there aren't private companies standing by just waiting to take over law enforcement for profit you're delusional. Blackwater & G4S (formerly Wackenhut) are salivating in the wings and paying lobbyist big bucks to get legislators to see this as a way for states to save money and for all of them to make big money.

So just keep on wacking the only people who are speaking up and soon you will be kneeling on the ground being pepper-sprayed yourself - but this time by a private security force.

Re: Pepper spraying passive protesters

The department has gone to crap. All gay now!!!

Re: Pepper spraying passive protesters

Quote Originally Posted by Former LEO
    I read the article in today (Sunday's) paper about the officer pepper spraying passive student protesters. In Oakland last month an Iraq War veteran was seriously injured and I ask myself what has gone wrong. Why are modern day educated law enforcement officers acting like German storm-troopers under Hitler.

Do you not realize that these protesters are protesting on your behalf as well as other everyday Americans, or do you think that somehow the 1% will really look out for your well-being.

In Florida the Governor is trying to privatize all Correction Officer positions and turn the jails over to private companies for profit. (There is a court order in place to stop it for now).

Do you not see the LEO layoffs across the country, the cuts to benefits, and if you don't think there aren't private companies standing by just waiting to take over law enforcement for profit you're delusional. Blackwater & G4S (formerly Wackenhut) are salivating in the wings and paying lobbyist big bucks to get legislators to see this as a way for states to save money and for all of them to make big money.

So just keep on wacking the only people who are speaking up and soon you will be kneeling on the ground being pepper-sprayed yourself - but this time by a private security force.

You are correct
    In Florida Gov. Rick Scott is privatizing the Department of Corrections.
    There are five private state prisons operating in Florida for profit.
    These prisons are poorly managed by untrained staff.

These private companies don't think about officer safety or public safety.
    They are all about making money for their shareholders.

Last time I checked the US Constitution it said that We The People have the right to peaceful gathering and bring our grievances to our government's attention without being bothered. Don't you guys see what is happening in other countries like Venezuela, Ukraine and China? Or should we just burn the Constitution, cancel Congress and be another North Korea?
    Let me know so I can move to Cuba at least there I can go to the beach in the winter time.