Deputy resigns after hunting citation received on duty

From Fox16.com

Perryville, AR - A Perry County deputy has resigned after being cited for hunting out of season while on duty.

Sheriff Scott Montgomery says Phillip Rappold violated Arkansas Game and Fish regulations Friday while on duty. He says that Rappold has been with the sheriff's office for quite some time, first as a jailer and the past year as a patrol deputy.

The sheriff confirms the deputy was on duty and was in uniform when he was cited in the eastern part of Perry County prior to the opening of modern gun deer season.

Virginia Porter with Arkansas Game and Fish says the deputy was cited for hunting out of season and for hunting from a roadway.

Re: Deputy resigns after hunting citation received on duty

Looks like the f#ck your fellow brother syndrome has begun spreading west.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsHound

From Fox16.com

Perryville, AR - A Perry County deputy has resigned after being cited for hunting out of season while on duty.

Sheriff Scott Montgomery says Phillip Rappold violated Arkansas Game and Fish regulations Friday while on duty. He says that Rappold has been with the sheriff's office for quite some time, first as a jailer and the past year as a patrol deputy.

The sheriff confirms the deputy was on duty and was in uniform when he was cited in the eastern part of Perry County prior to the opening of modern gun deer season.

Virginia Porter with Arkansas Game and Fish says the deputy was cited for hunting out of season and for hunting from a roadway.
    At such and such a place and time,
    I observed a Deer loitering at a time and in a place not common for deer. I approached the deer to question him about his activity at which time the deer took an agreesive posture and began making furative movements.The deer appeared to be armed with two sharp antler like weapons. He would not obey my repeated commands do drop said weapons and appeared to be preparing to attack. After repeated warnings and being in fear for my life I took action to neutralize the threat.

Hey it's worth a try. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsHound

From Fox16.com

At such and such a place and time,
    I observed a Deer loitering at a time and in a place not common for deer. I approached the deer to question him about his activity at which time the deer took an agreesive posture and began making furative movements.The deer appeared to be armed with two sharp antler like weapons. He would not obey my repeated commands do drop said weapons and appeared to be preparing to attack. After repeated warnings and being in fear for my life I took action to neutralize the threat.

Hey it's worth a try. LOL
    Or, the deer lunged at me with an antler on his head. Deer heard deer season was close and committed suicide by cop.

"The deer's marked city unit passed me at over 120mph...my supervisor said to not give chase however the deer finally pulled over on the left shoulder at which time I ordered him to get out of his patrol car......."