Off-Duty at New Stadium - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Banned

Re: Off-Duty at New Stadium

If I'm not mistaken, there was a mutual aid agreement signed by one of the MDPD Directors giving the authority for a municipal police officer to make an arrest for a misdemeanor or felony anywhere in the county. I don't know all the details, but that may have some impact with this. Besides, whether it be a municipal officer of MDPD officer, they're still acting as a representative of the stadium until an arrest is made. Back in the late 90's, I arrested a guy for tresspass after warning at the Dolphin Stadium (or whatever it was called then). After the State Attorney dropped the charges, because he didn't understand and was too proud to ask anyone, the guy sued the Department, the Dolphins, the stadium and me. They dropped the Department and the Dolphins and after a week and a half civil trial, they found for my side. The stadium then went after the guy for attorney fees. The main thing that came out was that I wasn't acting as a police officer until I made the arrest.

The Mutual Aid agreement also stated that it did not apply for preplanned assignments/events. All events at the stadium are preplanned events.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest19
    The Mutual Aid agreement also stated that it did not apply for preplanned assignments/events. All events at the stadium are preplanned events.
    I didn't know that. Maybe the municipal officers can work off-duty but need a Miami or county office to make an arrest. I wonder how they handle MAGTF and RID detail?

There is a reason they do not want MDPD nor certain other county employees working inside the ballpark. Did you know that the county radio techs were told that they are not allowed to deal with the radio system there? They have something to hide. I cannot divulge more at this time. You may be eventually be reading about it in the Miami Herald.

If its in the Herald, it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood
    If its in the Herald, it must be true.
    Let me rephrase that for you. It will make the news in both newspapers and TV stations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123