VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT

Quote Originally Posted by NO NO
    VOTE NO BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE LOSING 10 HOLIDAYS AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE P.O.S. TEN YEAR OLD POLICE CARS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIVERA? THIS IS THE WORST CONTRACT EVER. I RATHER VOTE NO AND THEY LAY OFF 90 COPS THEN LOSE ALL MY BENEFITS

VOTE NO
    You double talking piece of shi*. I laugh at all you guys who said "it's going to get ugly" "we're not backing down" etc etc etc.
    Then that POS Jimenez said he was going to lay off 90 PO's and you guys caved like a bunch of bitc*es. :lol:

The 90 "rookies" are your 315's "BROTHER". Some brotherhood.

Wake up, vote NO and youre going to get railed by the county either way, 90 officers laid off will only account for 4mil. Come on man...

Banned

Vote Yes or vote No, just make your voice is heard and VOTE.

Vote no brother. This is a terrie deal. We will lose about $5000 in holiday pay, lose thousands with the court time reductions, and in two weeks another 5% with an increase in medical costs. Vote no December 5th. They won't lay anyone off And we will go to impasse.

Tenement they were going to lay off last month? They didn't.

Vote No brother

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Vote no brother. This is a terrie deal. We will lose about $5000 in holiday pay, lose thousands with the court time reductions, and in two weeks another 5% with an increase in medical costs. Vote no December 5th. They won't lay anyone off And we will go to impasse.

Tenement they were going to lay off last month? They didn't.

Vote No brother

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I will have to vote no. I don't think giving up ten holidays and all the issues wuth court are fair. sorry

vote NO

I have a question. What do you guys think will happen if you vote no, besides the obvious?

Do you think you are going to get a better contract, later on?
    Do you think the commissioners are going to come to our rescue?
    Do you think the citizens care if we get a pay cut?

Its easy to say no, but at most all you do is delay the inevitable and increace the chance that we will get even more cuts. I think were getting screwed too!
    Let's send a message and vote no. Let the residents feel the decrease in service. I'm not taking a hit in court and ten holidays. That's about 10,000 dollars right there. To impasse we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I will have to vote no. I don't think giving up ten holidays and all the issues wuth court are fair. sorry

vote NO

I have a question. What do you guys think will happen if you vote no, besides the obvious?

Do you think you are going to get a better contract, later on?
    Do you think the commissioners are going to come to our rescue?
    Do you think the citizens care if we get a pay cut?

Its easy to say no, but at most all you do is delay the inevitable and increace the chance that we will get even more cuts. I think were getting screwed too!
    Let's send a message and vote no. Let the residents feel the decrease in service. I'm not taking a hit in court and ten holidays. That's about 10,000 dollars right there. To impasse we go!
    Thats the problem, you are in DENIAL. You and I are going to take the hit! One way or another the county is going to get the money out of US. Do you think by going to impasse we will get a better contract? Hell no! The commissioners are the ones that have the final say and they are the ones who voted to roll back the tax break (which is why we are taking the hit). The commissioners care about themselves and getting elected. They are terrified of Norman Braman. Whats worst, is that Braman is probably going to support Gimenez's reelection. Which means four more years as Mayor. Do you want to have to negotiate with this guy every year for the next four years? Yes the contract sucks. Yes the fire department got taken care of. But I think this contract is the lesser of two evils. If I were you, I would start cutting expenses. Because the pay cuts are inevitable, the only question is how the cuts are made and how much!

Quote Originally Posted by NO NO
    VOTE NO BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE LOSING 10 HOLIDAYS AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE P.O.S. TEN YEAR OLD POLICE CARS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIVERA? THIS IS THE WORST CONTRACT EVER. I RATHER VOTE NO AND THEY LAY OFF 90 COPS THEN LOSE ALL MY BENEFITS

VOTE NO
    You need to find a new profession, u miserable @&$) of @&$? U have no idea what brothers and sisters are. Do us all a favor and retire better yet don't push that 3 15 button BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by GuestUser
    Not only do we have to worry about the contract. Looks like our pay check FICA rate is going back too. and I quote:

"While employees normally pay 6.2% on the first $106,800 of their wages into Social Security, this year they've only been paying 4.2%. That tax break, however, is set to expire by Jan. 1."

There is a push to keep it or even lower it, but the chances of it passing are slim. :shock:

You took the words out of my mouth

Vote NO

If you go see Hernandez, he's got the blue cards. we need this contract to go to impasse so we can get a real union in here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast