VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT

VOTE NO BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE LOSING 10 HOLIDAYS AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE P.O.S. TEN YEAR OLD POLICE CARS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIVERA? THIS IS THE WORST CONTRACT EVER. I RATHER VOTE NO AND THEY LAY OFF 90 COPS THEN LOSE ALL MY BENEFITS

VOTE NO

Re: VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT

The sad part is, the contract doesn't cover all the County needs from us. If the contract is ratified, the County Commission gets to vote on whether or not we have to pay an additional 5 percent towards insurance costs.

If the Contract is NOT ratified. The Commission can (and probably will) impose a pay cut, lay offs or BOTH.

Bend over, because either way, it is coming.

...And I hope everyone has been paying close attention to the cities of North Miami Beach and Hollywood. Their police officers negotiated in good faith and they took substantial pay and benefit cuts thinking they would avoid layoffs.... Then they got bent over and both cities layed off their police officers anyway.

..... OUCH! It sure doesn't look good!

i don't even work for your department...but you're an idiot! you are no "brother"! shame!

Court Time - I can live with
    Night Diff - I can live with
    PPV fee - I can live with

HOLIDAY Time - Deal Breaker
    Fire not paying 5% - Deal Breaker

The fact that John and his circle has done NOTHING to keep us abreast of what's going on (some of us work for a living and can't "attend" your media shows) ...... DEAL BREAKER

CBS, LOCAL10, and the Miami Herald tell me more about the negotiations than the PBA; once again, I would like to attend the meetings, but have to WORK the road....not my OFF-DUTY at the PBA Building.

First off, I am no fan of the PBA or Rivera. But that being said, I really really doubt we will get a better deal from commission. All you need to do is look around at how the PUBLIC supported the pay cuts at other cities around us and for that matter the country. Right now, the economy is in the tank and Joe Citizen thinks public servants are paid too much. Taking it to the county commission is risky and we could be forced to take more cuts. If we get into a pissing match with the Mayor and commission we will look like the "greedy villians". I agree that FIRE got taken care of and that it is blatantly obvious. For my part, I will vote yes for contract. I don't want to see rookies laid off or take the risk of getting hit with more cuts. That being said, my number one priority next year will be to get that TURD of a mayor thrown out! I don't care if Luther Campbell wins, he can't hate us more than Gimenez!

Talking Re: VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT

Before I make my decision one way or the other, I want to READ for MYSELF the ENTIRE contract without the PBA paraphrasing. But here is my thought so far:

While I agree that it will be tough to get anything better and that is bad enough. The troubling part is that the PBA tried to get the county to agree to language that would prevent officer layoffs during the contract period if we agreed to the cuts. The county refused - which to me enforces my belief that no matter what we agree to, layoffs are STILL a possibility.

The plus for rejecting the contract is that we are entitled to a special magistrate hearing. This gives the PBA subpoena power and also significantly DELAYS your cuts. By the time it gets in front of the commission, we could have a different commission, a different mayor, and a different economic outlook. Of course, we are pinning our hopes that a different person will be Mayor in a year. To date, I haven't seen public safety win one yet, from the Governor of Florida on down. Unfortunately, IMHO, this option has a very high chance of Officer layoffs.

BTW - I know several people in GSAF and AFSCME and if you think the PBA doesn't give you information, those unions have had no contact with their members. They have almost given up fighting for anything. When they talk, it is hard to tell whether the county is talking or the union is talking. For those that feel they are not getting information from the PBA, do you read your network E-Mail (not your PMDC/CAD e-mail), the PBA sends out emails to all sworn regularly. I have gotten several this past week, although the best and most current information has come from my local PBA rep. So while I do not always agree with the PBA's tactics and goals, in this case I feel the need to stick up for them, as they are doing more for us than any other union is and have gotten most of the painful cuts reduced or eliminated. (Fire excluded)

And yes, at this time, public opinion is not on our side. So buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy ride for a few years, regardless. I do not see a huge public outcry if several hundred officers lost their job, just talk your non Law Enforcement families in the community. Maybe when response times go up, crime goes up, and follow-up for crimes is reduced, it will shift back in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by DairyQueen
    Court Time - I can live with
    Night Diff - I can live with
    PPV fee - I can live with

HOLIDAY Time - Deal Breaker
    Fire not paying 5% - Deal Breaker

The fact that John and his circle has done NOTHING to keep us abreast of what's going on (some of us work for a living and can't "attend" your media shows) ...... DEAL BREAKER

CBS, LOCAL10, and the Miami Herald tell me more about the negotiations than the PBA; once again, I would like to attend the meetings, but have to WORK the road....not my OFF-DUTY at the PBA Building.
    Sorry it is ALL a deal-breaker for me. I'm supposed to retire within the next 5 to 6 years and I can't AFFORD this contract. I don't want people laid off either, but the 90 rookies aren't going to help me pay my mortgage or send my kids to college. After 20+ years of serving this community, I'm supposed to be in my high-five years and getting ready to retire. Now it looks like I will have to either work at another job after retiring from the force or work longer in this armpit to make it up. I'm so mad right now I can't see straight!

I'm voting NO because I want the blame for the fallout that is coming to be placed right where it belongs...in the Office of the County Mayor, the Governor's Mansion in Tally and the chambers of the Florida Legislature and the Miami-Dade County Commission!

I have been inundated with e-mails from the PBA for the last couple of months, all of them supposedly to keep me informed of what is happening during contract negotiations. The contract was approved on Friday....I had to hear about in from the local news media. Where's my e-mail explaining in detail what the terms of the contract are? Why don't I have that information yet? This is the 21st century. Surely I'm not going to have to wait while they print it out!

Cool Re: VOTE NO ON THE PBA CONTRACT

CRAZYNESS

Ten holidays?

That's about $5,000 per cop. No thanks

Voting no

Court overtime is now by the min no more 4 hour min hell no I won't go to court anymore.. Vote no no no

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast