Where's the first 5 min of audio? Was she told not to chase?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where's the first 5 min of audio? Was she told not to chase?

Where is the audio from 6:28:14-6:32:39? Was Trooper Watts told to let the marked Miami PD cruiser go and not chase after it? Did she disobey a direct order? She never turned her emergency lights off nor did she reduce her speed measurably during the first 5 minutes? Or did she make some very off the cuff comments speaking what she really felt about the speeding cruiser during that time? Or both? Was it just an accident the video surely to be a news headline happened to have half of the audio missing from the copy given to the press????? At 6:33:25 she says "I'm behind that vehicle again." (Indicating she previously talked about "that vehicle" on the radio during the conveniently missing audio clip) and then gives an excuse as to why she might have come across him, by happenstance of course (perhaps in violation of a direct order?), "For some reason he slowed way up." (otherwise known as she kept chasing.)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................. ...

Someone needs to request this video with the FULL AUDIO. Sunshine Laws, what a bit*% they can be Trooper Watts, what a bit*%. Accountability is 360 degrees.

At 6:35:20 a supervisor tells her he will call MPD and to 22 it (stop chasing), but she keeps chasing the cruiser........was it the second time during this incident?

Re: Where's the first 5 min of audio? Was she told not to ch

Any one notice she turned off her blue lights at 6:31:30 in the video was she told to 10-22? I think she was told to 10-22 and didn't listen. Then committed a felony against a Police Officer. The MPD Officer could have turned on his blue lights and arrested her back!

Quote Originally Posted by Notice this?
    Any one notice she turned off her blue lights at 6:31:30 in the video was she told to 10-22? I think she was told to 10-22 and didn't listen. Then committed a felony against a Police Officer. The MPD Officer could have turned on his blue lights and arrested her back!
    That's exactly what happened! Watch the video again between 6:31:10-6:33:00 as Trooper Watts drives just as fast as and just as recklessly as the MPD Officer for 2 minutes without her lights on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Hippocrite!

http://www.local10.com/news/29619059/detail.html

What was on the audio that FHP purposely deleted from the video given to the press during this time? How much do you want to bet she was ordered to stop chasing the marked police cruiser from another agency, but she disobeyed the order! That's why she turned her lights on, then off, then kept chasing with no lights for 2 minutes all during the time FHP deleted the audio from the video given to the press. Someone PLEASE request this video with the full audio and then post it. The full truth needs to come out.

As is often the case, those who appear to be holier than though aren't always what they first appear to be.

I am a deputy from Las Vegas and we all heard this on the national news yesterday. Needless to say, we all at first thought this was a staged joke for holloween. It is a sad situation that the FHP has an officer like this. What is harder to understand, is the fact that your command staff actually released this tape to the media. I was in a multi agency training class today where the instructor started off by showing this tape. You can imagine the comments about your agency.

I have put in a Sunshine request for both the full video with audio as well as the radio transmission.. Nothing from the FHP, can someone provide the troop and Troop Commander Info!

I was wondering the same thing... where is the audio? The video was doctored. I think that sunshine laws don't cover this. However public records requests will unless "fhp" classifies this as a open pending criminal investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Notice this?
    Arresting her would have been the least .... this could have ended in a shoot out ....

Here is the entire 49 minute video with sound starting almost right away. The audio is hard to hear. But it is there.

[youtube:kif7c5v6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFY0GqN0AeQ[/youtube:kif7c5v6]

Without a doubt this is one of the most disturbing incidents I have ever seen or heard of in my 23 years in law enforcement. As a former FHP trooper and now supervisor at a sheriff's office I just cannot understand why one LEO would do that to another LEO. It saddens me to think that our proffesion has sunk to this low level.

Regardless of the MPD ofc driving, if you felt so righteous and compelled to take action there are many more proffesional ways of handling it. Like getting the unit number and calling your supervisor and having them call the officers supervisor.

This incident has done just a little more damage to the reputations and image of all law enforcement at a time when none of us could afford it given the political landscape and public opinion.

Thanks to one over zealous egotistical trooper named Watts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast