Trooper Fired

Thread: Trooper Fired

Trooper Fired

From DNJ.com

NASHVILLE — The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Thursday served Trooper D'Angelo Inman with a letter of termination following an internal investigation by the agency's Inspectional Services Bureau (formerly the Office of Professional Responsibility). The investigation stemmed from Trooper Inman's handling of an off-duty Rutherford County Sheriff's Deputy alleged driving under the influence.

On Sept. 28, Trooper Inman initiated a traffic stop of a Rutherford County Sheriff's Deputy for speeding on Interstate 24 near mile marker 73, according to a news release from the state Department of Safety. After suspecting the deputy may have been driving while impaired, Trooper Inman failed to administer a field sobriety test and released the deputy, according to the news release.

The internal investigation revealed that Trooper Inman provided the deputy preferential treatment, the release stated. Colonel Tracy Trott then recommended Trooper Inman’s dismissal following department policy violations, including misconduct and neglect of duty.

"Since becoming Colonel of the Tennessee Highway Patrol, I have made DUI enforcement a top priority for our organization," said Tracy Trott. "We will not tolerate impaired driving on our highways from anyone. Furthermore, I have zero tolerance for personnel who misuse their position and neglect their duty as public servants of this state."

Trooper Inman was initially placed on administrative leave with pay on Sept. 30, pending the investigation.

Joining the THP in 1994, Trooper Inman, 40, was initially assigned to the Lawrenceburg District. He was currently assigned to Rutherford County in the Nashville District.

Pursuant to rules and regulations of the Tennessee Department of Human Resources, Trooper Inman has the right to appeal the termination decision. Any further questions should be directed to the District Attorney’s Office.

Re: Trooper Fired

What a shame. I have made many DUI arrest and actually received the M.A.D.D. Award for doing so. There were also many that I also didn't arrest using my discretion as a sworn Law Enforcement Officer. It's to bad the idiots that fired this Trooper have their ass imprinted in their chairs from sitting all day and forgot the difference between preferential treatment and discretion. I hope this Trooper finds a better job in Law Enforcement very soon!

Tennessee is more f-----up than polio. If you cite or arrest a cop your cool, if you give one a break you fired. What a bunch of posers........................................

You guys are a bunch of ****ing morons. The guy was driving under the influence. It doesn't matter if he's a cop, civilian, or the Dalai Lama - he broke the law, and he should have been arrested. This isn't "showing discretion" for some speeding ticket offense for doing 10 over; how many people die as a direct result of DUI every year in TN? Over 1000. What if he had wrapped his car around a tree, or family of 4 coming home from dinner? This shit is unacceptable. Your little "Blue Code of Silence" is criminal, and it's (one reason) why no one has any respect for wannabe bullies with a badge and a gun (ie cops). Go die in a fire