Ballot controversy over chief of police nomination

Ballot controversy over chief of police nomination

From WTNH.com

Middletown, Conn. (WTNH) - The acting police chief in Middletown was put on leave yesterday after accusations arose that he was seen drinking in uniform.

On the November ballot, there was supposed to be a referendum on making Acting Police Chief Patrick McMahon the permanent chief. Now Mayor Sebastian Giuliano wants to take that option off the ballot.

"If he's still only under investigation and nothing has been proven, should the people get a chance to vote on the job?"

"Sure, I think that would only be the fair thing to do. Of course. Everybody deserves a chance," said Michael Salvino, a Middletown resident.

On the streets of Middletown, that seems to be the sentiment.

McMahon is on 30 day paid leave for giving conflicting statements about whether he drank while wearing a badge and carrying a gun.

Giuliano not only benched the chief, but he wants to take off the November ballot a referendum about making him permanent chief.

McMahon said, "I don't know if he can legally remove it. The citizens put it on there. he didn't. And I don't think he can retroactively remove an appointment. I think the ballot question is very clear. The question is should the appointment as in january be approved. The mayor has said repeatedly when challenged by the democrats that it can't come off. That the citizens will decide. So the citizens will decide."

Some say the drinking allegations will determine how they vote, if they get the chance.

Barbara Humble said, "Because he should be setting the example, you know what I mean? He's the acting chief, he has everyone underneath him, so I wouldn't vote for him."

The acting chief has said if the mayor tries to take the referendum off the ballot, he is going to fight to keep it on there.

A spokesman at the Secretary of the State's office said that it depends on what the city charter says about if the mayor can take a referendum off the ballot.

Calls to the Middletown City Attorney have so far been unanswered.

Maybe You Need One

As a result, the particular louis vuitton outlet producing will take longer, nevertheless the goods are usually regarding excellent top quality.
    louis vuitton handbags outlet is probably the many counterfeited brand names on earth, due to the fact the graphic represents position.
    Inside 1914, louis vuitton wallet ultimately exposed the entire world greatest vacation buckskin goods retailer inside Rome.
    Your current side louis vuitton luggage manufactured by tag heuer usually are linked to significant standard besides utilised by a lot of superstars.
    It happens to be complicated for you to will lose out on Fashion Louis Vuitton Handbags along with continue to be built able to invest in every one of them once it is usually shown.

Watch The Entire Movie Of True Grit

99 onwards for an old movie or $39. Resident Evil: Afterlife film with good qualityYou're most likely to G rating on strictly children's movies. Folks know them as combo of ripper and video converter. In order to claim that peace he agrees to save Princess Fiona from a castle with a threatening dragon. The film's main character is Ben Campbell (Jim Sturgess) who is a math whiz who is about to graduate from MIT to pursue a career in medicine; however he is unable to cover the $300000 for tuition fees. Download Unknown Film LegalThis made you helpless and this is the time when home theater systems are being introduced as a feasible and practical solution. As a fan of the television series Parenthood I am made even more aware of how adept Craig T. To tell their stories they relied on visual information: acting framing editing. Illegal Internet movie download sites are making the legal sites more expensive. The site offers several different payment options. This hilarious motion picture is made in three series. Websites To Watch The Twilight Saga: Eclipse The MovieJust think your movies could actually be in your house tomorrow by joining Netflix today. As personal interaction is an important issue some people suggest going to the theater rather than watching a movie together. How does one find a good blog idea from such movies.

coach outlet