Screwed out of Longevity pay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Screwed out of Longevity pay

Apparently Rick Scott and his tea party cronies in the house came up with a new rule where you cant be rewarded for being a loyal employee. Thanks for telling the SO how to reward its employees, I thought that was the elected Sheriff''s job not the legislator. Christmas will be great this year without the extra 250. Thanks again Gov Qtip

Re: Screwed out of Longevity pay

Our Sheriff will do the right thing. He will give us the money, but he won't call it longevity pay. It will be something like cafeteria benefit 3.

Gee has done this in the past. There's always a way.

Think the point of the post wasnt to cry about the lost money it was to make a point that gov qtip has taken Sheriff Gee s option to reward us for being loyal employees. No whining here, we all realize the Sheriff has been exceptionally generous to us. Rick Scott and his tea party cronies have gone over board and the sheriff knows it, hence him covering the 3 percent required for our pension. Just sucks to lose th 300 dollars towards christmas for the grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Think the point of the post wasnt to cry about the lost money it was to make a point that gov qtip has taken Sheriff Gee s option to reward us for being loyal employees. No whining here, we all realize the Sheriff has been exceptionally generous to us. Rick Scott and his tea party cronies have gone over board and the sheriff knows it, hence him covering the 3 percent required for our pension. Just sucks to lose th 300 dollars towards christmas for the grandkids.
    You THINK that was the point of the post? You actually KNOW that was the point of the post since you wrote it. Writing responses in support of your own posts can get you banned and the board staff can compare the IP addresses of the posts, so you might want to be careful.

As for your political assumptions, they are laughable. You are probably one of those people who used to deny that there was a financial crisis and blamed all of the budget cuts on a selfish county commission. You might want to get informed. Money is in short supply and budget cuts are the order of the day.

You are fortunate that you are not part of the 9.1 % without a job.

AND, if you've been on the job for several years you are probably making around $70,000 by yourself. Compare that to the average household income of around $50,000 in Hillsborough County and then cry me a few more tears about the $300 bonus that you feel screwed out of.

Poor baby.

ops: ops: ops:

Don't hate, just because yur are not reaping the same benefits I am, due to the hard work I put into getting this job.

DON'T HATE :devil: :snicker:

Exactly dont hate since you decided not to take the challenge and do this dangerous job. And yes that was me posting a reply about the whining since you seemed to turn this around and making it out that were crybabies for losing a benefit. Let me guess your the moron with the degree and money complex.

Earlier this year it was the 3% taken out of our pay so the state could use the money however it see's fit. An added tax on state workers that is not being used towards our pensions but for other unrelated expenses. We are lucky that the boss is covering our 3% because the majority of state workers just had to suck that one up and pay it themselves.

Now it is our Longevity pay. While a couple of hundred bucks extra that we get in our December 1st paycheck isn't gonna make or break us it is still money out of our pocket. What should have each and every state paid worker worried is that since July 1st of this year the state government has attacked our pay twice and hit us in the pocket book.

Now that they have the door open and their hands in the cookie jar so to speak, what will they try and take from us during the upcoming legislative session? A bigger percentage of our pay? Decrease our benefits even more? Raise the retirement age and lenght of time to retire once again? I can only imagine what will cross the table this next session. THATS what should scare the hell outta ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Exactly dont hate since you decided not to take the challenge and do this dangerous job. And yes that was me posting a reply about the whining since you seemed to turn this around and making it out that were crybabies for losing a benefit. Let me guess your the moron with the degree and money complex.
    Well no, you make assumptions with no basis in fact. First, I didn't post the crybaby photo.

My post was making the point that you should be grateful that you not only have a job in an era of high unemployment, but also that you have a well paying job.

Second, you assume incorrectly that I "decided not to take the challenge and do this dangerous job." (Why do immature cops always try to win arguments with this ploy; do they think it intimidates civilians or helps win arguments?) I went through the academy in 1990 back when it was still being run by TPD.

That's why I am so aware that we make a lot more as individuals than the average household income in Hillsborough County. People from my academy class make from the mid to the high $70,000s per year and are mostly detectives or hold rank. Some have retired.

Again, be happy you are employed and have a well paying job.

You are the one who needs the advice Don't Hate. Your posts drip with vitriol towards the governor, and for some strange reason towards the tea party which only wants to end deficit spending and government waste.

"government waste" ?

Hmmm lets see. $200 extra for being in this job 10 years. That’s 365 days X 10 years = 3650 total days.

Divide $200 dollars by 3650 days and you get $0.0547945 per day. Yeah, what a waste of money paying 5 cents extra a day, for everything that LEOs do. WHAT A WASTE !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast