ANY TIPS YOU WANT THE MEDIA TO COVER? - Page 25
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Re: ANY TIPS YOU WANT THE MEDIA TO COVER?

Really?!?!?! Do you honestly believe he gives a shitz what you think? Let's all be realistic here, he doesn't care! I hope Cela, Mike Mason and countless others continues to make the chief look bad. Chiefs unfair treatment will not go unnoticed!! He knows who his real friends are. I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot and you were railroaded by this agency you would go out of your way to prove your point. Keep doing what you are doing Cela! :devil:

I still work here and support Cela and anyone else that sheds the light on the misuse of power here at FMPD just to make DB look good for stats. Shame on the cops here that are followers of this little man rank and file life. Move on and become real COPS.

Reporting on FMPD

Just so everyone is clear, I have no agenda against the FMPD or Chief Baker. If there is something worth looking into then I will look into it. I try to get all sides of a story but that can be difficult if one of the sides won't communicate. However, that won't deter me from pursuing a story. If any of you feel there are more important stories I should be looking into then please let me know. Thanks for all of the support from the rank and file....I appreciate it!

WW

Re: Reporting on FMPD

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf
    Just so everyone is clear, I have no agenda against the FMPD or Chief Baker. If there is something worth looking into then I will look into it. I try to get all sides of a story but that can be difficult if one of the sides won't communicate. However, that won't deter me from pursuing a story. If any of you feel there are more important stories I should be looking into then please let me know. Thanks for all of the support from the rank and file....I appreciate it!

WW
    WW, I think it's funny and enjoy your stories and watching baker get pissed. But please spare us the "no agenda against fmpd or baker". We are a bunch of cops and get lied to all day long. Your not believable.

Re: Reporting on FMPD

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf

WW
    Hey white wolf,

Stop trying to look at the police department for a story that makes cops look bad to the public we protect. You're missing the real story of corruption at city hall. How much taxpayer money is being wasted on the ditch to nowhere downtown as it continues to go over budget. Who owns the land there and why does he (the mayor) need the drainage to improve his land for development. How is this not an ethics violation and is the governor aware? Why is he courting baseball teams to the county park in the city with tax payer dollars in exchange for a hotel on his land. With the ditch taking up harbor side and downtown business parking, who will profit from a parking garage on the land around the ditch? Dirty politics, corruption, and back door deals at the expense of the taxpayers is happening right under your nose. The good old boy system is lining the pockets of the politicians who prefer to waste money instead of protecting its citizens. They would rather cry poor and steal money from their employees and take away their pensions to fund their pet projects in the name of unnecessary improvements all over the city (junk metal in centennial park, landscaping, restorations, etc). Meanwhile, there are multiple shootings each week and murders are on record pace. Crime is rampant and no taxpaying businesses or families will want to move to the city. Without the police department, anarchy will reign, and the city will be bankrupt. It won't be for nothing, because the irresponsible and untouchable politicians will have made their money when they lose their job...

How come the media won't expose this story to the public?

that story has already been aired and noone cares.
    Keep up the work FOX 4 IN YOUR CONRNER

WW. You need to cover the suppression of free speech by the moderators of this blog.

Attorney works to get speeding ticket near Fort Myers city limits thrown out
    By Fox 4 News Staff

CREATED 9:31 PM - UPDATED: 10:05 PM

Attorney Janese Caruthers is hoping video will convince a judge to consider throwing out tickets issued by Fort Myers police along this section of Six Mile Cypress.

"What we're going to do is file a motion to dismiss the tickets stating that because it was out of the jurisdiction the ticket should have been null and void." Caruthers said.

On May 11th, a former police officer recorded this video showing a Fort Myers police cruiser after pulling over a red Toyota that was heading towards Fort Myers.

But the former officer says the traffic stop was initiated in Lee County.

In the video shot by the former officer, it shows the Toyota came to a full stop just a few feet inside Fort Myers city limits. You can even see the city limits sign in the video, indicating the actual offense occurred in Lee County, not Fort Myers.

"Because it happened outside of the Fort Myers city limits the officer didn't have jurisdiction to make the stop." Caruthers said.

Caruthers says after our report, she received numerous calls from people wanting to contest their traffic tickets.

One was 16 year old Robert Hampton.

According to his speeding ticket, Hampton was pulled over at Six Mile Cypress and heritage palms, the same location listed on the ticket issued to the driver of the red Toyota in this video.

"I didn't even want to fight the officer because I thought he was going to let me off but apparently not.” Hampton said.

Hampton believes he was also pulled over by Fort Myers police in Lee County, before his car crossed into Fort Myers.

"[I] wasn't in Fort Myers yet, but getting close to it so I wasn't really in Fort Myers just Lee County." Hampton said.

Hampton paid the ticket and went to traffic school so he wouldn't get points on his license, but now wishes he had contested it.

Caruthers plans to ask a judge to remove the ticket from Hampton's record and consider tossing out all tickets issued in that area.

"It just raises serious grey light on all of this and it should have the judges take a closer look at what's going on." Caruthers said.

Fort Myers police fighting crime with your help
    By Fox 4 News Staff

CREATED 7:06 PM

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police say they need you to help fight rising violence in the city. And they're using a new initiative to get you input.

Fort Myers Police Chief Doug Baker updated officials on his community policing initiative. An effort to get everyone in the community involved to make Fort Myers safer.

To council members, Chief Baker explained the importance of community involvement.

His goal is to build stronger relationships with residents, so everyone can be on the lookout for suspicious behavior.

Increasing patrols is part of that but he emphasized it takes a community to really make a difference.

Baker says other enhancements to community policing are getting kids involved. This includes the Explorer Program and the upcoming law camp, which will involve over 100 kids.

What happen to the suggestion box'S ??????????????????? You know it is the blacks folk fault they are are dying.

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast