LEOAFFAIRS vs Miami Beach FOP on Cop Talk Radio

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

LEOAFFAIRS vs Miami Beach FOP on Cop Talk Radio

I just made a live appearance on Cop Talk Radio to talk about the FOP Boycott and problems within some South Florida FOP lodges (Miami, Miami Beach and Ft. Lauderdale). Interestingly, Miami Beach FOP President Alex Bello refused to go on the air to talk about the issues with me. This is the same Alex Bello who told the Miami New Times "I've personally called Chip dozens of times asking to remove specific threads, and it never gets done." and he also made a similar statement to approximately 3,200 FOP delegates at the national convention in Salt Lake City last month. Although I did not have the opportunity to confront him on this misinformation, I did seize the opportunity to get the plight of the South Florida FOP members and their attempts to clean up the acts of the local FOP lodges out there.

In case you missed the show, it aired today (Wed, 09/21/11) at 2000 hours and will re-air late tonight. I will also be obtaining an audio file of the broadcast that you will be able to find on LEOAFFAIRS and within this string.

I was very impressed with Rick Sessa and Cop Talk Radio. You can listen to them (and the re-broadcast) in the South Florida area on 95.9 FM, 106.9 FM and 960 AM. You can also listen to them worldwide via the internet at http://www.coptalkradio.com.

Re: LEOAFFAIRS vs Miami Beach FOP on Cop Talk Radio

Thank you Sir. We don't have a Union at the MBPD. Put it this way. The last FOP President retired a couple of years ago and was given a 100,000 dollar a year job with the City's Parking Department.

Now do you really think the City Manager would have given him this cake job (with a take home) if the President was looking out for the best interest of the Members all those years????

Now Bello wants to quiet those that expose his back door deals and BS.

Who really cares anymore!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

For those of you interested, here's a link to the interview on Cop Talk Radio:

http://www.coptalkradio.com/_literat...21-112ndhr.mp3

Do we have a retired Miami Beach Captain named....William O'Brien?????

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Civil lawsuit filed in alleged boating hit-and-run

BY STEVE GIBBS
    Free Press Staffsgibbs@keysnews.com

TAVERNIER -- A boat passenger who was injured in a crash on Tavernier Creek has filed a civil lawsuit against the operator of the boat that hit him.

Lorenzo Giles, 25, while riding on his friend's boat on April 17, was reportedly struck by the Captains Two and thrown from the boat.

Alan Davis, the owner of the boat on which Giles was aboard, rescued his passenger from the water.

Occupants of another boat stopped to offer assistance. They told state officers that the boat that hit Giles' boat "stopped a distance away for a moment and then took off." The witnesses identified the boat as the Captains Two.

The owner and operator of Captains Two is retired Miami Beach Police Capt. William E. O'Brien, a Plantation Key resident.

The lawsuit claims O'Brien was operating his 26-foot Mako at "a high rate of speed" and "in a reckless and negligent manner." It also claims O'Brien left the scene of the accident without rendering aid to Giles who suffered lacerations on his head and arm, including a partial loss of his left ear and a fractured arm.

Rob Stober of the law firm Hershoff Lupino Yagel serves as co-counsel for Giles, along with Domingo C. Rodriguez of the Rodriguez Maritime Law Group in Miami.

Stober said he is concerned that the accident report by the Florida Fish Wildlife Conservation Commission officer was somewhat one-sided in favor of O'Brien.

"I question why the Free Press received the report during the first week of May and I wasn't able to get it until the first week in July," he said. "I am also concerned that the driver of Giles' boat was checked to see if he had been drinking alcohol -- he was not -- and there was no effort to find and check the driver of the Captains Two."

The Free Press obtained the incident report after a public record's request was submitted to the FWC.

Christopher Lyons and Martin Simkovic of the Lyons Lurvey law firm in Miami is defending O'Brien in the civil action. Lyons said it would be inappropriate to comment as the lawsuit is pending.

The June 10 complaint accuses O'Brien of "breaching his duty" by "failing to take action to avoid a maritime collision" and "operating his vessel at an unsafe rate of speed."

Stober and Rodriguez have placed a maritime lien against the Captains Two for damages and that the vessel be sold with proceeds to go to the plaintiff.

Lee County Assistant State Attorney Don Mason has been assigned to investigate a possible criminal action against O'Brien, Stober said.

Monroe County State Attorney Dennis Ward, who once worked with O'Brien on the Miami Beach Police Department, recused his office from the prosecution.

CHECK YOUR NAMES- WE HAVE HAD SOME O'SOMETHING IRISH IN COMMAND STAFF. :roll:

This is old news, and bad info. (Just like most of the crap posted on here.) William "Bill" O'Brien is the retired Chief of Police from Miami. This incident happened back in the spring and Dennis Ward had the investigation sent to another court district to avoid any conflict of interest. It was all over the paper back then. Move on people.