contract - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: contract

Re: contract

Quote Originally Posted by please WAKE UP
    Just a thought for all who think the YES vote is "I'll take what I can get 'in this' ecomomy." Under Scott's new retirement plan, instead of the "HIGH 3" years average, its now the "HIGH 5" averarage.

Going from 11 to 13 steps -AKA- ADDS 24 months working to your career BEFORE you "MAX" out. This also SAVES THE SSO money paying YOU less for 24 months.

Now you have to WORK and EXTA 24 months before that counts in you "HIGH 5" FRS average.

Total EXTRA time on the job??? 48 MONTHs!!!! to get to your "HIGH 5" average.

SSO dosen't have to pay you for 24 months!!!

[b]HOW IS THIS A GOOD CONTRACT??

Guess I'm just a troll. Or is there a bunch of suckers working here??

The solution? The Sheriff says he wants to give a pay raise. Thanks Sheriff. How bout this? Keep the 11 step plan, and give us the stated raise starting in Oct. 2011 for listed employees. Just get ride of the extra steps. You could IF you wanted to Sheriff.

Our Sheriff if doing EVERYTHING he can possibly do for us in bad times! Everyone on here has something to ***** about. Be grateful you have a damn job and quit whining! Rick Scott is a one termer for starters. Sheriff Knight will be here as long as he wants and has demonstrated that he cares for his employees. So use your brain, vote the way you want to vote and go home and enjoy your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hopefully didn't go through, corrections to make the same as the leo's. They make 3K more, and that's not right.

I agree to disagree. It is right. When I have to make a decison on taking someones rights away and possibly send them to prison vs you just watching them on a procedural basic with an ocassional DR. I think the road should make more. While no doubt your job is more physically draining it doesnt require the mental part of crimes and etc. Yes it is

Hopefully didn't go through, corrections to make the same as the leo's. They make 3K more, and that's not right.

I agree to disagree. It is right. When I have to make a decison on taking someones rights away and possibly send them to prison vs you just watching them on a procedural basic with an ocassional DR. I think the road should make more. While no doubt your job is more physically draining it doesnt require the mental part of crimes and etc. Yes it is
    Yes sir masa you are better then me I just a lowly CO MASA. My job requires no mental skill whats so ever. Staying safe among 900 + inmates requires no skill at all. Keeping a safe and secure facility requires no mental skill either huh!!! Your so right because there are no crimes commited in the jail at all its like candyland. Jump off your high horse road guy and go shine dem tires. Same shit different place. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself to put yourself above another huh!!!!

Especially when you allow 3 loaded weapons and countless baggies of pot and crack inside the secure area of the jail. You and your supervisors are awesome and get everything you deserve!

Its ashame you feel that way I have done your job and now I do a diffrent one. Safety is on thing. Get off your high horse. It is not a dig. It is a fact. I agree CO have a very dangerous job and I respect yours however I know as most of us do when it comes too weapons. I do the best I can under circumstances that are not a controlled environment such as yours. I try my best not to miss something as I too take safety . Remeber he or she is behind me and I can not see them. I dont have the luxury of getting 5 cos deep to if someone is unrully. Dont bash me because your job is more routine and procedural than mine.

I dont know how else to put it. The last time I checked Shining your boots is a command presence and that should be applied to corrections as well. Sorry you do not take pride in the way you look or present yourself.

As for pay it is just like anything else in this world. My job requires college as your does not. I would like to be compensated for getting my degree. Wouldnt you?

A Deputy Sheriff
    Minimum Qualifications Certified Applicants
    Must be a United States citizen.

Must be at least 21 years of age.

Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.

Must be Florida Law Enforcement Certified or currently attending a Florida Law Enforcement Academy and meet one of the following four requirements;

1. An Associate’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.

2. Prior military service with military contract completed and Honorable Discharge received (Form DD214 required).

3. Three (3) years prior full time Law Enforcement experience. Experience must have occurred within three years of application.

4. Three (3) years experience as a Corrections Deputy with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.

A Corrections Deputy:

Must be a U.S. Citizen.

Must be at least 21 years of age.

Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.

Must successfully complete the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) with at least a 12.0 on each of the three subjects. (Exempt for those with an Associates Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university).

Must successfully complete the FBAT (Florida Basic Abilities Test) if not Corrections certified. Required by FDLE for entrance into the Corrections Recruit Academy.

Must meet the minimum standards of the Agency approved PAT (Physical Abilities Test).

Must successfully complete an oral review board and meet eligibility score.

Must have a valid driver license.

Must meet the Agency approved Drug and Tobacco Policy.

Must submit to a complete background investigation, polygraph, and psychological evaluation and found to be of good moral character.

So did the contract pass?

No

LEO yes it did by a 3 to 1 margin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123