Failed psych, seriously???

Failed psych, seriously???

So I'm going through your application process and moving along at a nice clip thinking it's all good in the hood and then bam, met the shrink you guys use and declared unacceptable. Wtf. 500 or so true / false questions (which is the most inaccurate test according to the psychology field) and a 5 minute meeting with the shrink and he comes to a conclusion that in a 30 year career I'd run into something to be unfit to deal with? Suprised LCSO has any deputies with this guy using a magic 8 ball basically in determining if someone is fit for this job yet he never has done it himself. Any one know what can be done with this since it's in the hiring process prior to conditional offer? Any one else have similar problems? Peace out guys.

Re: Failed psych, seriously???

Let me tell you what happened. Many questions are asked mutiple times, other questions are asked in reverse.They use this test to tell if you are answering the questions truthfully. ie: question 10 When I get angry, sometimes I think about stabbing someone and question 49. Once when I was angry I thought about revenge. If you an answered one Y and the other N, points would be deducted. Did you pass the poly? Based on the failure, you probably will not pass a psych eval or many polys (depending on the operator).

Try an agency that does not use these evals. You will have to list this failure on future apps, which will hurt you greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 12
    Let me tell you what happened. Many questions are asked mutiple times, other questions are asked in reverse.They use this test to tell if you are answering the questions truthfully. ie: question 10 When I get angry, sometimes I think about stabbing someone and question 49. Once when I was angry I thought about revenge. If you an answered one Y and the other N, points would be deducted. Did you pass the poly? Based on the failure, you probably will not pass a psych eval or many polys (depending on the operator).

Try an agency that does not use these evals. You will have to list this failure on future apps, which will hurt you greatly.
    I have passed the poly and have passed psych evals in the past for other departments. I did some research into this type of psychological test and it's widely regarded as the least reliable by the community. I have had no problem with MMPI/2 or any others in the past when taking these tests. That and all my interviews following were longer than the 5 minutes this guy did. Extremely unprofessional in my opinion.

Well it must work. There are several hundred deputies working at LCSO :cop:

Maybe it's just me, but if this guy failed the pysch exam should we be helping him get hired?!?!?!?!?! Maybe he Failed because, and stay with me here: he should NOT be a deputy! I don't believe the system is perfect, but I seldom ever hear of anyone failing the pysch exam! Time to move on.

This whole thread should be deleted, as there is so much trash within the whole Lee County portion of Leoaffairs.com. Mod, please do some cleaning and make this easier and neater to look through for actual information, not rants about nothing. Appreciate it. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Future5-0
    This whole thread should be deleted, as there is so much trash within the whole Lee County portion of Leoaffairs.com. Mod, please do some cleaning and make this easier and neater to look through for actual information, not rants about nothing. Appreciate it. Good day.
    Future five-o, why don't you start your budding wannabe law enforcement career by not whining like a little ***** because you can't find the information you want on a website. That little crybaby appeal to the MOD stinks of snitching which, if you haven't been too overwhelmed by all the rants, is something that is frowned upon in law enforcement. Might I suggest a little PT (that's physical training, scooter) followed by a trip to the library to learn something about modern social issues and crime-related topics. Perhaps you could bone up on your knowledge of search and seizure laws or how public policy is made. That might serve you better than stepping into a forum designed for a certain group of people to discuss topics of their choosing and running your mouth. When and if you do join the ranks as a young rookie, I would suggest you learn to use your eyes and ears more than your mouth.

[quote=Mad Flava]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Future5-0":2lwzvhpa
    Future five-o, why don't you start your budding wannabe law enforcement career by not whining like a little ***** because you can't find the information you want on a website. That little crybaby appeal to the MOD stinks of snitching which, if you haven't been too overwhelmed by all the rants, is something that is frowned upon in law enforcement. Might I suggest a little PT (that's physical training, scooter) followed by a trip to the library to learn something about modern social issues and crime-related topics. Perhaps you could bone up on your knowledge of search and seizure laws or how public policy is made. That might serve you better than stepping into a forum designed for a certain group of people to discuss topics of their choosing and running your mouth. When and if you do join the ranks as a young rookie, I would suggest you learn to use your eyes and ears more than your mouth.[/quote:2lwzvhpa]

Nothing but love for the field and the people in it, but guess I touched a nerve...I am simply stating a fact that TOS violations and garbage posts should be cleaned up to allow people a chance at finding something worth while related to beneficial information instead of sifting through numerous "he said, she said, I don't like this person" posts. I in no way see this as "stinks of snitching" so not sure where that reference is based. I study plenty on Florida law and PT daily, thank you for the suggestion by the way.

[quote=Future 5-0][quote="Mad Flava":1m0q4b0f]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Future5-0":1m0q4b0f
    Future five-o, why don't you start your budding wannabe law enforcement career by not whining like a little ***** because you can't find the information you want on a website. That little crybaby appeal to the MOD stinks of snitching which, if you haven't been too overwhelmed by all the rants, is something that is frowned upon in law enforcement. Might I suggest a little PT (that's physical training, scooter) followed by a trip to the library to learn something about modern social issues and crime-related topics. Perhaps you could bone up on your knowledge of search and seizure laws or how public policy is made. That might serve you better than stepping into a forum designed for a certain group of people to discuss topics of their choosing and running your mouth. When and if you do join the ranks as a young rookie, I would suggest you learn to use your eyes and ears more than your mouth.[/quote:1m0q4b0f]

Nothing but love for the field and the people in it, but guess I touched a nerve...I am simply stating a fact that TOS violations and garbage posts should be cleaned up to allow people a chance at finding something worth while related to beneficial information instead of sifting through numerous "he said, she said, I don't like this person" posts. I in no way see this as "stinks of snitching" so not sure where that reference is based. I study plenty on Florida law and PT daily, thank you for the suggestion by the way. [/quote:1m0q4b0f]

Good. Now scurry along and go do something constructive. Come back when you graduate the police academy. Better yet, after you pass your FTO and get released. Don't worry about OUR posts. Maybe there's an "I hope I get to be a cop someday" forum you can post on. Until then, scram!

Quote Originally Posted by Future5-0
    I have and do. As for being garbage that can be here as there are no TOU violations. Also if you see something there is a little icon that says report post. Click that and then say why it violates it. If you just go and start flagging posts and there are no TOU violations then that would be a violation and get your banned rickety tic. So instead of complaining about it flag it and we will go from there.