leaving

Thread: leaving

leaving

The grass may not be greener but hell at least there grass over there! We've cut everything! Take a look at the purposed work shop on the city server, no shocker we cut the most out of all departments. Take a closer look at the purposed budget the manager still wants to lay off two officers. Can you say snowball effect, two now, and four next year. All department heads will be attending minus the chief. I don't blame him, he's really trying but it's hard when you have no support from the council.

North Port Police Department gets a million extra to a budget! From a city that is literally broke? but still no tasers, no training, or vehicles for Venice. I won't be surprise when we're told to share GUNS. Do us a favor Venice and sell us to the county. I can't wait so I'm leaving, and I can think of about five more heading out the door. If you’re wondering the county will pay you for three years of experience. Good luck Venice, I’ll give it two years before crime triples. It’s such a shame, this could be such a great department, the citizens are really starting to appreciate us, to bad the council hates us. OUR BRAVEST AND FINEST SHOULD BE WELL PREPARED, sorry what I really mean is our bravest and finest shouldn't care.

Re: leaving

If the City Council goes along with about $3 million in proposed budget cuts, there will be no Fourth of July fireworks next year and the city will lay off some 10 firefighters and police officers and eliminate roughly 13 unfilled jobs.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...p=all&tc=pgall

Re: leaving

It is now 2014 and crime has not tripled, and they had fireworks in '12 & '13.. What else? Since this post we have 5 new Officers and I heard we're hiring more... And the only person leaving is 351... I'd say the Department is doing ok by those standards... Morale could be better after the Sgt RP fiasco, but I think that is on the mend too.. Stay safe people!

Unregistered

Morale sucks 2020

Morale sucks, good old boy system is alive and well. Supervisors scurrying to screw over who ever they can for promotion. This place is corrupt. Best thing that could happen is it be dissolved.