Rick Kriseman for Mayor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Rick Kriseman for Mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    I posted 10 criticisms of Bill Foster. You have nothing to say about that, do you?
    YOU posted 10 criticisms? Looks like you just copied the link from the times. So you are a fire guy posting on the police page? You don't need to be on here, go back to whining about drug tests.

I like Kriseman, but bottom line is Foster is our guy. Criticize all you want, he is our guy, supports us, got rid of the cancer of this city Davis, and listens and gets involved.

So another Foster guy can't defend Foster. Why is the Foster team not able to rebut a single point?

So another Foster guy can't defend Foster. Why is the Foster team not able to rebut a single point?

Tom..all 10 things you listed all have to do with the fire department. Why don't you pose those questions to the fire union, who just endorsed him.

Ever heard the old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you"....well there my dear Tom, the Mayor has actually had a very positive impact on the police department which was in a shambles compared to our fire counterparts. We lacked a great deal of basic protective equipment and have endured hindering policies for years. Mayor Foster had a direct impact on these situations and much more.

Call it selfish is you want, but what's wrong with supporting the Mayor who has supported us. My bet is if the shoe were on the other foot you wouldn't be bringing up. Perhaps you should be bringing your argument to your union instead. Then again you can always go grab a Ford sign since she just threw her hat in the race....be careful though it didn't work out so well for you last time.

Btw .... Kriseman is an excellent candidate for Mayor and if it were just him against Ford, et al....he'd have our endorsement.

Kathleen Ford is the right person at the right time to become mayor of St. Pete. She has tenacity, knowledge, and political independence. She is a person with personal integrity and personal vigor to get at the causes of crime in St. Pete; she will encourage the police to enforce laws, remove criminals, and stop cowering to criminal groups. :shock:

This is the time for Kathleen to alter the status of the feckless administration and staff of St. Pete. She is direct and truthful, which, of course some people don't like because they like being "massaged" into going along with the crowd. We've had 12 years too much of that going along already.

Of all the announced candidates, Kathleen Ford is the right person at this time for the job of Mayor of St. Pete. She understands and thinks about unintended consequences, economics, and the long-term righteousness of mayoral decisions. :idea:

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by independentleo
    Kathleen Ford is the right person at the right time to become mayor of St. Pete. She has tenacity, knowledge, and political independence. She is a person with personal integrity and personal vigor to get at the causes of crime in St. Pete; she will encourage the police to enforce laws, remove criminals, and stop cowering to criminal groups. :shock:

This is the time for Kathleen to alter the status of the feckless administration and staff of St. Pete. She is direct and truthful, which, of course some people don't like because they like being "massaged" into going along with the crowd. We've had 12 years too much of that going along already.

Of all the announced candidates, Kathleen Ford is the right person at this time for the job of Mayor of St. Pete. She understands and thinks about unintended consequences, economics, and the long-term righteousness of mayoral decisions. :idea:

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by independentleo

She's got nothing to bring to the table except a bunch of hot air. Just what we need is a mayor who goes off on her own like a bull in a china shop. Nice job filing a lawsuit against the pier and listing supporters who simply signed a petition of support as parties in the suit. Nope we don't need her.

The PD, the city, and its non-criminal citizens all NEED Kathleen Ford to be the next Mayor of St. Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The PD, the city, and its non-criminal citizens all NEED Kathleen Ford to be the next Mayor of St. Pete.
    I saw her today so I figured I would ask her what her plans our for the department. She intends on firing Chief Harmon and putting Luke in as the Chief...you think I'm blowing smoke ask her when you see her she has no beef telling you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooker
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I saw her today so I figured I would ask her what her plans our for the department. She intends on firing Chief Harmon and putting Luke in as the Chief...you think I'm blowing smoke ask her when you see her she has no beef telling you that.

If this is true, then we cannot have her as mayor. Period.

IF IT IS TRUE, that Ford would replace Chuck with Luke, that is a very bad move. The only move Chuck and Luke should be making is into retirement. The PD needs a new chief who is from outside the geographical area with no political ties to any person nor group.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast