Sheriff wants me to give up $30,000 in accrual time - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Sheriff wants me to give up $30,000 in accrual time

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you hired into the "B Plan", the time is not yours until you meet the criteria for using it. It is available for your use if you are sick (which is explained in detail in the SOP). If you are abusing your sick leave, you can be disiplined administratively, not arrested for stealing it. You would not be the criminal some are calling you!

If you hired into the "B Plan" and had a high water mark that you maintained above 0, you will be entitle to a buyout depending on the level when you leave compared to your high water mark. There are many scenarios that will or will not apply depending on the accrual levels.

The "A Plan" is similar but does not have high water marks to contend with. An employee gets paid for their 1st 480 hours, get no compesation for hours between 480 and 960, then get half pay for anything above 960.

So to sum it up, some can claim a financial benifit for unused sick leave when they leave HCSO while others can not.

However, sick leave is a specified benifit when an employee is sick. It is not anyones right to use as they please and doing so is a violation of SOP.
    Sorry, but you just don't get it.

This dirty cop understands Plan B but intends to use deceit to get around it. He is going to leave his comrades short handed while using phony reports of being sick because he thinks he is entitled to the money although he does not meet the criteria for being sick.

When confronted with his dishonesty he simply yucks it up about how he is going to get "his" money although he clearly isn't entitled to it.

He is trash and not worthy of our time.

:!:

Quote Originally Posted by wasting your breath
    He is trash and not worthy of our time.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so now you're "one of us" right pal? Haaaa It's MY MONEY, NOT YOURS. Go bark up another tree you dirtbag.

Ok, it might be your time but probably not your money.

Since you want to continue to discuss this......

Are you on plan A or plan B?

What is your high water mark?

Ok, hotshot, go ahead and start burning thru your sick time. When you run low on time, and you break your leg, nobody will donate comp time to you.

Quote Originally Posted by knowitall
    Ok, hotshot, go ahead and start burning thru your sick time. When you run low on time, and you break your leg, nobody will donate comp time to you.

Nah, not a broken leg; that's only six weeks.............

...................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see the writing on the wall. The office has now hired a doc to run an office clinic. How much ya wanna bet that before long the memo and new SOP will come out that if you call in sick you will be required to go see the new office doc right after you make that phone call banging out for the day. Just like back in my military days. You had to convince the Compnay 1st Sergeant you were sick and go to sickcall before you could take the day off.

All it will take is 1 deputy getting into a crash, or having a heat stroke on the job, or some other medical mishap.....after they were denied sick time.

This office will take it up the asss then !

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    All it will take is 1 deputy getting into a crash, or having a heat stroke on the job, or some other medical mishap.....after they were denied sick time.

This office will take it up the asss then !
    Obviously you were not in the military because you just don't get what the Blog was saying.

The point of being required to go on sick call and being evaluated by a doctor is not to compel you to go to work that day.

The point is to make it difficult and take a long time just to validate your incapacity for work.

You have to convince your supervisor that you are too ill to work and receive a referral to go to the doctor for examination; you have to spend the time to get to the doctor's office; you have to wait to see the doctor (in the mean time you will have your vitals and description of symptoms taken by a nurse); you will have to wait your turn because there will be others on sick call; you will be examined by the doctor who will question you closely about your symptoms (particularly if they are subjective, like pain without out bruising or swelling); and then the doctor will make a determination.

Note also that if the incapacity is an injury, not an illness, the doctor will inquire in depth to see if the injury can be attributed to misconduct of any kind, either on or off duty.

Then, depending upon what policy is set by the office the doctor may prescribe a course of treatment OR instruct you to go to your own doctor or a walk in clinic to obtain a prescription for medication. The doctor may also require a follow up visit to evaluate whether or not you are eligible to return to duty or will be required to take more sick leave in addition to the sick leave you are required to take for this sick call visit.

The entire process will probably require most of the day, spoiling any possible recreational activity that a malingerer might have intended for the day.

THAT would be the function of requiring a doctor's visit before being authorized to miss a shift for medical reasons.

Getting paid to go to the doctor....sign me up. That's paying me to miss work! :devil:

And, being that IO work mids.......either the doctor wont be open, or no one else will be there!

SIGN ME UP!

A day or so after my above post I was sitting in my patrol vehicle checking my email when I seen a message about the HIPPA memo sent out to everyone. I would suggest that everyone read the memo instead of just hitting their email delete button. The writings on the wall.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast