Officer of the Year indicted on drug charges - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Officer of the Year indicted on drug charges

No change in my position- given the situation that the Federal System is soooo diferent than the State system that most cops are used to - and knowing that of all cases brought to court 80+ % are found guilty (even if they are innocent) and faced with a possible plea bargain of 5-15 years (that's a plea deal) what would you do?
    COPS don't fair well in jail. Oh - you may be large and in charge in the street - but your not in the streets any more. Your behind bars with some serious characters.
    Ok - let's say you are guilty - how long do you expect to survive in Jail?
    Let's say your innocent - do you fight for your freedom knowing that if you fail at your attempt you will face in excess of 5-15 years incarcerated?
    What would you do?
    Many cops before you faced this delemina - guilty or not - many of them have eaten a bullet. Now - your a military kid trained to survive at all costs and your a Christian who believes that taking your own life is a mortal sin. Not one of those - I am a Christian because I go to church - I mean a real practicing Christian who walks the walk. What would you do?
    I don't know many any of us that would do anything other than what he did!

PS and being a real cop - you should know better than to judge your breathern without knowing all the facts. And news flash - the facts aren't what the papers say - but you will find this out after being a REAL COP for a little while - rook!

Dave Britto did do good work as an officer and as a citizen. Without all the facts no one can accurately address who he is or anything he did. We do however know that taking flight is not a good idea or an acceptable response in any legal situation. I too wish him.the best but the reality is he has compounded his issues with his actions to flee.

This clown is nothing more than a swap shop Rambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest830
    Dave Britto did do good work as an officer and as a citizen. Without all the facts no one can accurately address who he is or anything he did. We do however know that taking flight is not a good idea or an acceptable response in any legal situation. I too wish him.the best but the reality is he has compounded his issues with his actions to flee.
    If he did nothing wrong, why would he cut off his monitor and flee the area??

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest830
    If he did nothing wrong, why would he cut off his monitor and flee the area??
    He is innocent. He is searching for the real culprit: The one-armed man.

and knowing that of all cases brought to court 80+ % are found guilty (even if they are innocent)
    Really ??? That statement is not true. You need to get a grip.

When all the facts of this case are known - if ever - this whole thing will smell!
    Mistakes were made on many fronts to include Britto's part himself, to time delays for reporting the absconding and sloppy surveillance used to follow his family around after Britto was already confirmed to have left the country. It almost seems like - this thing was scripted to play out in the manner in which it did. Hollywood couldn't have written a better script. Are we all part of a great theatrical experience? Is this some game to get cops and Feds to fight amongst themselves? Sure seems that way!
    Whatever happens - thanks to those involved for keeping us entertained!
    Thank God, Bin Laden was caught and Britto has taken his place as Public enemy #1. That story line was getting boring! This one is much more interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    When all the facts of this case are known - if ever - this whole thing will smell!
    Mistakes were made on many fronts to include Britto's part himself, to time delays for reporting the absconding and sloppy surveillance used to follow his family around after Britto was already confirmed to have left the country. It almost seems like - this thing was scripted to play out in the manner in which it did. Hollywood couldn't have written a better script. Are we all part of a great theatrical experience? Is this some game to get cops and Feds to fight amongst themselves? Sure seems that way!
    Whatever happens - thanks to those involved for keeping us entertained!
    Thank God, Bin Laden was caught and Britto has taken his place as Public enemy #1. That story line was getting boring! This one is much more interesting!
    They finally fired that sack-of-shit? I bet he lets his mommy rot in jail. He's a real man. Go ahead, bootlick, and defend his fugitive status.

Quote Originally Posted by KANG
    Come on guys - don't hide behind a Guest username - If your gonna make a neg comment that you know nothing about, at least be a real person and have enough nut to post your name. I wouldn't make a comment about something I knew nothing about - that's why I said what said. Unless you know the whole truth about something - STFU. Stop being one of those COPs that can't wait to spread a rumor about someone or gaggle like a chicken with your head off. Have a Nut and be true to your profession - don't hang a fellow officer if you dont have the truth about something. A video, a tape recording - come on guys - lets get real - It's not disney world - your talking about a fellow brothers life! I know cops that would die for eachother - your comments shovel dirt on a guys grave because you read something in a news paper - yeah - they never lie or get the stories mixed up - duh! Put your money where your mouth is - so all can read who we can count on - and who we know will testify against his own - Coward!
    Kang you are not one to talk. Between you and lillie you bad mouthed enough people behind their backs, about which offers you two didn't like and which ones you adored. Cut the holier than thou crap please, i don't want to throw up on my key board. You retired, enjoy it. As far as my opinion goes unfortunately the door didn't hit you on the way out. Now if we could only get Briganti to leaveas well we would be doing great. Failing that, maybe we could get him to play golf every work day instead of just fridays so he could stay away from the station and supervise and do his job even less.

You know who I am and you know where I am - if you want a piece of me - come and get it! Otherwise - shut your pie hole. The officers who worked for me - worked - not lounged around and ran from coffee shop to coffee shop. Yeah I had people that I watched out for - that's what cops do - they watch out for eachother! But it sounds like you know nothing about that. I can't help that some of them had histories before they got here - no one in the dept knew that. I do know the good job this guy did when he worked for me. As for you - rook - ask the front desk for my # if you don't have it - anytime, anywhere! You know me from work - where I had a job to do - but outside there - I am bound by no more departmental rules - like kicking your butt -come and get it! Better yet - give me a call - I'll come to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12