What would really change? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What would really change?

Quote Originally Posted by coincidence
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/IP+address
    My computer has an IP, my router has an IP, my modem has an IP, my server has an IP, my ISP has an IP, etc, etc,

The only way you can get one for a persons computer is to hack them which is against the law.

Post it and let's see if you are truthful or just trying to discredit someone that you do not agree with.

A task force in Tallahassee will explore ways of saving tax dollars by consolidating law enforcement agencies.

Gov. Rick Scott
    Steve Cannon / AP
    Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau
    TALLAHASSEE -- After eliminating thousands of rank-and-file jobs from the state work force, Gov. Rick Scott and the Legislature are turning their cost-cutting attention to a more politically sensitive area: law enforcement.
    A little-noticed bill the governor signed last month creates a task force on law enforcement consolidation — an idea likely to send shivers up the spines of police officers in a time of double-digit unemployment.
    The legislation directs the task force to “evaluate any duplication of law enforcement functions,” including training, legal services, cars, airplanes and the regional deployment of police officers.
    The idea comes from Sen. Jack Latvala, a Clearwater Republican, who says he was motivated by hearing that 11 state agencies have police officers, which he said is bound to create duplication.
    “I thought it was a good idea to look at what consolidation could be done and maybe save the taxpayers a little money,” Latvala said. “Let the chips fall where they may.”
    During the spring legislative session, a much more radical proposal surfaced. In informal talks, senators discussed whether sheriffs should be required to handle some duties now performed by the Florida Highway Patrol, which is understaffed. FHP has long grappled with high turnover among troopers and is about to undergo a reorganization.
    But sheriffs successfully killed the idea in its infancy.
    Steve Casey, executive director of the Florida Sheriffs Association, said his group opposed it because of uncertainty over whether the state would provide money to sheriffs to do that work. “We’d have to lobby for contract funds,” he said. “The FHP does that now.”
    Casey said his group thought a better idea would be to allow sheriffs to contract with FHP on a case-by-case basis for short-term needs such as adding traffic investigation support.
    The sheriffs’ long-time lobbyist, Frank Messersmith, said: “We did not advocate eliminating FHP, and if you ask any sheriff in the state, every one would say FHP has been unfairly criticized. They have been cut, over and over, personnel- and budget-wise.”
    FHP spokesman Capt. Mark Welch said the patrol welcomes “anything that improves our operations and benefits the taxpayers.”
    But turf wars among police agencies are legendary, and reducing the level of police protection is fraught with political peril.
    Among the agencies with officers serving various missions are state universities, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Attorney General, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and Departments of Business and Professional Regulation, Transportation and Agriculture.
    Latvala questioned why the agriculture agency needs its own police force to “patrol our forests,” but the agency said those officers safeguard “world-class public lands.”
    Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam strongly defended the need for his 266 “ag law” officers, whose “unique mission,” he said, is to prevent pests and disease from threatening public health and to help pursue consumer complaints.
    But Putnam said his agency and the Department of Transportation have offices close to each other along Interstate 10 in North Florida, which he said was a “missed engineering opportunity” for consolidation by the state.
    Gov. Scott, in a letter to statewide police agencies this week, urged the task force to get to work quickly.
    “The task force must commence as quickly as possible to ensure ample time to conduct the meetings and workshops required,” Scott wrote. “This task force provides an opportunity to chart a path for common sense and cost effective state law enforcement.”
    Members will include representatives from the sheriffs’ association, the Florida Police Chiefs Association, and other statewide police agencies. The chairman is Julie Jones, executive director of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the parent agency of the highway patrol.
    Times/Herald staff writers Katie Sanders and Janet Zink contributed to this report. Steve Bousquet can be reached at bousquet@sptimes.com or (850) 224-7263.

Latvala questioned why the agriculture agency needs its own police force to “patrol our forests,” but the agency said those officers safeguard “world-class public lands.”

Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam strongly defended the need for his 266 “ag law” officers, whose “unique mission,” he said, is to prevent pests and disease from threatening public health and to help pursue consumer complaints.
    But Putnam said his agency and the Department of Transportation have offices close to each other along Interstate 10 in North Florida, which he said was a “missed engineering opportunity” for consolidation by the state.
    There it is folks in black and white. Countdown to destruction. Seems that Citizen-Watch knew ahead of time what may be coming. Here it comes folks get ready for the ride!

Here we go Jones was colonel at fwc and will recommen getting rid of investigations so fwc will get them.

Shall we jump ship while it is only taking on water, or wait until it sinks and swim with the rest of the rats searching for anything that may provide relief?

http://www.flhsmv.gov/news/pdfs/PR070711.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: COURTNEY HEIDELBERG
    JULY 7, 2011 (850) 617-3102
    DHSMV TO HOST LAW ENFORCEMENT CONSOLIDATION
    TASK FORCE ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
    Senate Bill 2160 creates a Law Enforcement Consolidation Task Force, and Gov. Rick Scott has named Florida
    Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Executive Director, Julie Jones, as chair of the task force.
    The task force will hold its first meeting, which is open to the public, on July 14 in Tallahassee. Details of the
    meeting are provided below:
    Date and Time: July 14, 2011
    2 – 3 p.m.
    Room A436
    2900 Apalachee Parkway
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399
    This will be the task force’s first meeting, where members will discuss goals and objectives. The new
    legislation charges the group with evaluating any duplication of law enforcement effort among state agencies.
    The bill lists examples of the types of duplication such as accreditation, training, legal representation, vehicle
    fleets, aircraft, civilian-support staffing, information technology and overlapping regions, districts or troops.
    The legislation further directs the task force to review whether the jurisdiction of the Florida Highway Patrol
    should be restricted to the state highway systems. Should the task force conclude that consolidation is
    appropriate, they shall make recommendations and submit a plan on how to achieve the consolidation of state
    resources. If consolidation is recommended, the task force shall include the methodology to accomplish a
    statewide consolidation by June 30, 2013.
    A copy of the agenda may be obtained by contacting Elizabeth Denmark at (850) 617-2300

Sometime in the next few weeks you will be having a committee coming to one or more of your stations to try and figure out what to do with your agency. The options are: 1. Keep as is, 2. Merge with another agency, and 3. Shut down. When I find out the date and place I will let you know. Good Luck!

Time and place, July 27 @ your I-10 station. I hope the best of your best is working on that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-Watch
    Time and place, July 27 @ your I-10 station. I hope the best of your best is working on that date.
    Is there any info from the department on this? Shouldn't they be telling us something?

What other state has similar Aglaw LEO's at interstate inspection stations 24/7? If the answer is "none", then rest assured that the Gov has you slated for elimination. Seek other employment now. The governor hates SLEO's.....You and DEP are the low hanging fruit...ABT is not far behind.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345