What would really change?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What would really change?

If tomorrow your agency (Agricultural Law Enforcement) and the inspection stations were shut down what if anything would change in the state of Florida? I have researched and found that no other state does this, yet they do not have the problems that your agency claims to be protecting Florida from. If no other state does it and they are not having problems related to livestock and agriculture what is the purpose of keeping your agency running? I know about the whole tomato and citrus racket, anyone that has a hint of common sense can see that those regulations are a scam to keep certain industry people in power and those people making campaign contributions to the people that keep the laws on the books. If someone can give one viable non-BS answer it may save your agency.

Re: What would really change?

Son, you fail. What research did you do? Go back and ask you 3rd grade teacher for help. Seriously, we do a little more than roadside vegtable checks.

Your efforts to research our job were clearly not in depth. As the previous responder posted, we do quite a bit more than roadside vegetable inspections. Also, ask yourself this: Do you really think that our agency would still exist solely based on vegetable inspections? For starters, I suggest you find out what our relationship is to the Florida Department of Revenue then report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest28
    Your efforts to research our job were clearly not in depth. As the previous responder posted, we do quite a bit more than roadside vegetable inspections. Also, ask yourself this: Do you really think that our agency would still exist solely based on vegetable inspections? For starters, I suggest you find out what our relationship is to the Florida Department of Revenue then report back.
    Oh I do know about your relationship with DOR, your agency at one time paid it's way through DOR/BOL, but not anymore. It now costs the state money to run your department. What else does your department do that some other agency does not already do? Besides fruit and veggies, livestock, plants, and food safety nothing. The numbers over the years for violations in these areas have been on a steady decline and since no other state does it why should Florida continue? I more than likely know more about your own agency than you do. Go ahead throw your best pitch and I will knock it out of the park. Your agency is a dinosaur of a bi-gone era that has passed it's time for the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Son, you fail. What research did you do? Go back and ask you 3rd grade teacher for help. Seriously, we do a little more than roadside vegtable checks.
    So then school me. Tell me, just do not give me some BS answer. What else do you do that other agencies do not also do? What do you do that justifies the existence of your department? Your job may depend on your answer.

Omg! Ya..Its the gov! The gov is talking at ya ! At least it sure does sound like him, or maybe a tea party volunteer!

Whoever started this post, must be some kinda pencil pusher. I cannot beleive the bashing that goes on between agencies on here. Why would anyone want any agency to go belly up? We are all people that have families to take care of and I would not wish anyone to loose his/her job.

I do plenty of things working for the Dept. of Agriculture, although there are plenty that should be replaced, I cannot say that for everyone. I am also sure that there are plenty with other agencies that need to find other jobs as well. However, I have backed up many officers for high risk situations. I have assisted on accidents, held peoples body parts together until paramedics could arrive, arrested on a wide variety of situations such as; DUI, warrants, stolen vehicles, etc. This is not counting the large amounts of drugs and money that our agency has recovered (which is probably higher than any other state agency).

You should be ashamed of yourself for not having anything better to do then get on here and bash other people to make yourself feel bigger.. bahaaa.. I feel sorry for you... One day you may need one of these officers to back you up, but I'm sure you won't talk shat to someones face. I have friends and family in every department, but do not feel bigger or better than anyone..

Maybe we can all start sticking together as real LEO's used to do! How about that 3% that is affecting all of us, why don't you waste your energy to fix that problem?? I am currently focusing my energy on getting permanent shifts and overtime by seniority, something that will hopefully have a positive impact on most of us. So stop your ignorant bashing and do something worth while.

Last thing I would like to say is I love all my brother and sisters in Law Enforcement and Let's Stick together when times get rough. Everyone stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-Watch
    If tomorrow your agency (Agricultural Law Enforcement) and the inspection stations were shut down what if anything would change in the state of Florida? I have researched and found that no other state does this, yet they do not have the problems that your agency claims to be protecting Florida from. If no other state does it and they are not having problems related to livestock and agriculture what is the purpose of keeping your agency running? I know about the whole tomato and citrus racket, anyone that has a hint of common sense can see that those regulations are a scam to keep certain industry people in power and those people making campaign contributions to the people that keep the laws on the books. If someone can give one viable non-BS answer it may save your agency.

You are right!

Protecting and aiding the tomato and citrus industry in regulating the price of their product is not what we should be doing. The rest is just smoke and mirrors. Revenue numbers are no longer posted because currently they're way below collections during the first ten years of the program. Every animal cannot be checked so why try when there is no outbreak threatening the industry. Our biggest threat to agriculture comes from other countries through our ports. Let the feds fund it and worry about it. They do it with non sworn inspectors. That's a clue!

There is no legitimate reason to keep this place open. Lets shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-Watch
    You are right!

Protecting and aiding the tomato and citrus industry in regulating the price of their product is not what we should be doing. The rest is just smoke and mirrors. Revenue numbers are no longer posted because currently they're way below collections during the first ten years of the program. Every animal cannot be checked so why try when there is no outbreak threatening the industry. Our biggest threat to agriculture comes from other countries through our ports. Let the feds fund it and worry about it. They do it with non sworn inspectors. That's a clue!

There is no legitimate reason to keep this place open. Lets shut it down.

One of the simple reason that other states do not do this is that no other states have the limited points of access as Florida has. Most states are landlocked and it would take hundreds, even thousands of stations to man all the access points to the state.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast