HCSO problems exist because of this Community as a whole.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HCSO problems exist because of this Community as a whole.

The problems that exist at HCSO are becuase the people there are pretty good reflection
    of the people that reside in this county.
    Unfortunately, many of the problem people in this county, were created by the County.
    The County Jail specifically.
    Now, I know the jail guys are not going to like what I have to say, but how many of you
    actually LIVE in the county? Many of you live either out in Pasco or in parts of
    Hillsborough where you are able to avoid interaction with your "guests" outside of your
    workplace.

Lets get to the point as to why the jail (Orient Road) is an issue.

Since the creation of this jail, and the booking process there has been created, alot of the residents of this county have evolved into a bunch of selfish, complacent, grandiose delusional, narcistic, false sense of entitlement,....I could go on and on.

My Theory is this: I have been arrested three times in my life. In this particulat thread we will not get into why I was arrested. I'll only add that I have no criminal record and that I have a CC license and an FFL. (no drugs, no violence and I'll just add; no DUI's)

Twice arrested down in Lee, once in Hillsborough. In the case of one LEE arrest, I was extra'd up to Tampa. My very first arrest was the from Lee to Tampa.

To the point: Arrested in LEE and brought to their facility in downtown Ft Myers. I'm brought in by my officer and "handed off" to a jailer that searches me again, searches my shoes, takes my property as I am interviewed by someone from behind a glass window. There are NO females or juvenilles around. If there are , you are NOT brought into the processing area until they are cleared.

After answering a few questions, you are then brought to a holding cell in a hallway of several holding cells. With actual BARS. You cannot use the toilet in the cell privately, stainless steel benches, a concrete floor and a phone that is always collect. Also, if you are brought in after 6:30PM, you do not get fed until the next morning at 7AM. When you get mugged and printed, if its not by a male jailer, its by a female that is about as feminine as Larry the Cable Guy.

If you are arrested in Lee County, even if you only spend 12 hours there, it is not a pleasant expiereince and you pretty much come out of there saying to yourself: "I dont EVER want to come back here".

Need I go into the detail of the Orient Road booking process? I'm sure some of you know it. For those of you who don't, I'll continue.

So, I get extra'd up to Orient RD. I'm handed off to two people at a podium that ask a few question, take my property and tell me to have a seat in the first two rows of chairs, and not to use the phone just yet until my name is called.

Your name gets called, aand you approach what appears to be a bank teller, not behind any glass at all. You answer her questions and then she tells you its ok to use the phone and that others will be calling your name to complete the booking process.

So, you get in line to use one of the phones, which is free for all local calls. As you wait, you hear the conversations.

"Yo man wat up......I'm at Orient Rd......I know man I know....twice this WEEK dawg, my shawty crazy........it was the same cop from last time too! "

I thought the phones were for calling someone for help with bail, or to come pick you up. Instead, just alot of casual conversation to help pass the time.

THEN! Someone from the far corner yells out "Line up if you want to eat!"

Two bologna sandwiches and a carton of milk. Like clockwork, every three hours.

Also, you can use the restroom privately.

Next: "JOHN DOE....fingerprints....JOHN DOE?......yes......follow me"

This very attractive, 'Susan Lucci' look-a-like jail deputy is gonna do MY fingerprints?

Cute little petite frame, great eyes, smelling very good, lotsa jewelry on, and these very pretty hands with very sexy fingernails.....doing my fingerprints.

Some other very pleasant Customer service Rep takes your photo and then a little while later you chat with the nurses in thier little office.

Oh, did I forget to mention that meanwhile, you can have idle small talk with members of the opposite sex, and juvenilles as well. I've had conversation with few HCSO jailers and they've caught women given handjobs anf BJ's in this area.

So, my conclusion to the typical 12 hour jail expierience is this:

When you get released from XXX Jail, you walk out saying to yourself:

LEE County (and other jails like it) "I ain't ever doing that again"

Hillsborough: " Wow, that wasn't so bad!"

So, what type of alumnus does the HCSO jail turnout? I've lived in Lee County, Broward county and Hillsborough county. Only in Hillsborough county have I expierienced:

8:15AM at the Publix Deli Couunter, guy storms up next to me frantically searching up and down the deli area, then barks at the staff : What the FK, ya'll dont have no FKNG rotisserie chickens yet?!" (Publix NEVER has these ready at 8:15AM, why would they?)

A man standing in front of you with a gun at his side, because the last time he was at your store, you did not have his barstools in stock yet.

A man walks past you in line at a convenience store with a 12pk of corona (After 3AM) throws $15 at the clerk, doesnt even break a stride and exits the store and drives away.

A man walks into your store, shirtless, with a beer and a cigarette and EXPECTS sales help and to have his a.s kissed because he is a customer.

A female that writes out checks on a closed account calling on the phone or screaming at your counter wanting to know why her S..t hasnt been delivered yet.

Now many of these things happen in other counties and states, but I have never seen it at the level I see it in our area. My mother owns an Italian restaurant in Lee County. Never has someone slung a half eaten pizza back across the counter at her staff.

People in the Tampa area are rude, ****y, selfish, belligerent far more than people I have encountered in other parts of our state. If there is one thing that is rampant in the Tampa area, its dis-orderly conduct and peoples gross sense of entitlement. These people are not afraid to go to Orient Rd.

I'm sure many of the jail guys will say that the jail is the way it is to reduce stress on its guests. Sure, thats fine for the people arrested for Child Support or DW license suspended or other minor traffic issues.

But for the people that beat up thier spouses, beat up the LEO's, beat up the store clerks, our county is rampant with people that could be arrested for criminal mischief and/or disorderly conduct every day, day after day.

Because we make the jail expierience pleasant, we create people that make living and working in Hillsborough county un-pleasant.

I'm sure I'm gonna get beat-up for this topic/post, but the purpose of this post is not to criticize the SO. It's merely to bring awareness to what is happening in this county. Everybody hates everybody else, everybody feels as though somebody else is getting more than them, everybody feels as though everyone else is in thier way, everybody feels as though who they are and what they are doing is more important than who you are and what you are doing and to stay the hell out of thier way. And everybody feels as though when things dont go thier way, they can say and do whatever they want.

Re: HCSO problems exist because of this Community as a whole.

And you wonder why you were flushed out of the TPD process? I guess your posts on an LEO board make you feel as if you're a part of our us. You're not and alas, you never will be, sometimes the recruiting process gets things right.

Unfortunately the guest above could not provide a counterpoint to my opinion/statement. I wasn't flushed out of the TPD Process. I was a white guy without a college degree in 1985. TPD had major hiring issues during that time because of the Melvin Hair and Dwight Gooden incidents among several others. It also didn't help that my father-in-law did not want me working their because that was his "world" where he did things that his wife and daughters would not approve of.

Alot of that type of workplace behavior is described in other topics here in the HCSO forum.

I can see where some people over at TPD comment how perfect things are over there today. Honestly, you could take many of the recent discussions in this forum and change the dates to the 80's and 90's and it would be an accurate account of TPD at that time.

As for your reference to "US". US who? Us LEO's? I'm not a LEO. Thats why I created a username that reflects that. So, if I say US in my post, I am referring to US in the sense my fellow residents, taxpayers and co-workers in this area. If you didn't like what I had to say in that post, you should have responded with intellect

I have to agree with your assessment of the idiots running around this town. Just the other day, I was in a convenience store (I was off-duty in civilian attire). The clerk never says hello or greets me in any way. Then he rings up the stuff and just states the amount I owe without saying please. Then after I pay, I say thanks. He just looks past me and says "Next." Even better, I was in another convenience store on another day also off-duty. I stood at the counter with the products I was purchasing for about two minutes while the two clerks had a lengthy discussion about how much a roll of quarters was worth. When it started getting heated, I finally informed them it is $10. Again, nobody said thanks. The clerk just rang up my stuff and the same drill of me being polite and the jerk clerk being rude.
    The problem in this county is that all the store clerks are rude and stupid.

Why do you think 99% of all retiring deputies can't wait to move away from this rude and nasty county.

Why do you think so many deputies suffer from stress related ailments in this line of work. Reason being, imagine having to tell these self entitled folks on a daily basis that they need to stop doing something. Immediately you get the immature temper tantrums and them on one of their several cell phones calling to complain on you.

Why do you think so many people in this county now drive so aggressively and carelessly without any fear of being ticketed. It's because HCSO is too short staffed and too busy constantly responding to calls that are not law enforcement issues in order to pamper them or give them a ride to get mental health counseling. YES....we have become the new crisis center on wheels, right along with sending deputies back out to routinely check and talk with them. The end result of this being....we now have more people calling in saying they dont feel well or want to commit suicide then ever before....great job HCSO :roll:

Put it all together and without a doubt, HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY SUCKS!

Hatchets and Heirlooms (above) said: "I stood at the counter with the products I was purchasing for about two minutes while the two clerks had a lengthy discussion about how much a roll of quarters was worth. When it started getting heated, I finally informed them it is $10. "

Understandably you wre probably in that store late at night when the banks wre closed, so, at the time of night, this was definitely an issue for a LEO to solve. It was good that you were there at that time to prevent THAT 911 call from coming in. Providing the value of a roll of quarters probably prevented a deputy from being dispatched from Mobley Rd out to E Brandon Blvd.

Guest on 06/19/11 01:58:21 Said: imagine having to tell these self entitled folks on a daily basis that they need to stop doing something. Immediately you get the immature temper tantrums and them on one of their several cell phones calling to complain on you.

Tell then to stop doing what? Dialing 911 or calling the SO for something that is not handled by ANY type of civil service employee at all? I know you guys go to calls that far too often concludes: "No ma'am, you call TECO for that" No ma'am, you call DOR Child support Enforcement for that" "no ma'am, you should just bring that TV back to Best Buy" "No sir, you call a tow truck or a mechanic for that"

Who's job is it to educate the public on what to do? or what NOT to do? I woorked in the furniture business many years in this county. One day a woman pulls up in her car in front of the warehouse, takes a cherry coffee table from the trunk of her car and brings it into the building. She had bought it from us and she asked me if I could fix one of the legs that was broken. I said sure, I'll be right back. I went to another part of the building to get some tools, when I returned her car was gone. As I walked over to her table, I noticed a small boy of about 9 years of age sitting on sofa that I had taken out of the plastic to inspect. In his arms/lap is infant of about 4 mos. I looked around wondering where the hell the stork was for a minute and asked him. "Where's your mom?" He responded," Oh, she had to go do other shopping." She was gone almost 45 mins.

I could probably match story for story with most LEO's, when it comes to dealing with the public. I've been in the Tampa area over 30 years. During those 30 years, I lived in Broward twice totaling three years and LEE twice totaling 4 years. Most of this time I worked in the furniture industry, delivering furniture or as the warehouse manager of a store here in Tampa. I've probably been in well over 20,000 homes and 5,000 businesses between Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Pinellas, Polk, Pasco, Hernando and Hillsborough counties. And I'm sorry, Hillsborough is the worst. The worst for entitlement, irresponsibility, carelessness and arrogance. On average, which county in this state has the highest average of DUI's, DUI injuries and fatalities, non-DUI fatalities, pedestrian fatalities, domestic violence, etc. I'm sure Hillsborough comes out near if not at the top.

by Guest on 06/19/11 01:58:21 went on to say:

too busy constantly responding to calls that are not law enforcement issues in order to pamper them or give them a ride to get mental health counseling. YES....we have become the new crisis center on wheels, right along with sending deputies back out to routinely check and talk with them. The end result of this being....we now have more people calling in saying they dont feel well or want to commit suicide then ever before

I feel your pain and I AM NOT A LEO, I was the warehouse manager of a furniture store! I cant believe the number of times a customer would make a purchase, "here ya go, here's your item, thank you very much, have a nice day." Suddenly there is an issue irrelevant to the purchase that they HAVE TO explain to me, I try to move on to the next customer, but I cant, because this person insists that I have to listen to THEIR STORY. Sometimes, people (non-customers) would just walk in off the street with issues they expecterd us to solve. We did not have a Salvation Army sign out front. I never worked as a LEO, I never even rode along. I cannot believe how many times I have heard these exact words:

"But wait, but wait, you have to listen to my story."

When you don't, they call the store, or go back to the front of the store and complain that you were rude to them, didnt help them, didnt finish what you were supposed to do for them.

These people just frustrate themselves and feel the need to take their issues out on someone else or blame them on someone else. They get PO'ed at the other drivers or PO'ed at their spouse or whatever other human being is nearby. S**t happens, and they are soon on the way to Orient rd. They spend 12 hours or less there, and pretty much the only thing thay have suffered is trying to find a ride back home. And like I said, they walk out of ORJ saying to themselves, "That wasn't so bad, and it actually felt pretty good to hit somebody in the mouth to help release my stress"

The 12 hour jail expierience for the a**holes of this county is not harsh enough. You might as well pick somebody up and drop them on the other side of the county with a $25 gift certificate to Applebees. Its about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvtCitizen
    I could probably match story for story with most LEO's, when it comes to dealing with the public.
    No you couldn't....I am sure you have a lot of stories, but unless you have had people come after you and try to kill you, just because you are cop, you really could not match story for story..You probably also not have seen the death that we see and the worst that humans can be. (Unless you were in the military, and in combat role.)

What is all this crap about trashing Hillsborough County? I grew up in Broward County and Davie from the early 70's to the mid 90's. What a zoo!!!!! The rudest people in the State reside (With the exception of Collier County) there so I don't even remotely know what your talking about. Yankees like you made me get the heck out of there! I've been three quarters of away around the world and believe it or not, this place is not that bad.

What I have found is that the people who live within the city limits of Tampa are far less rude then the people I deal with in the county. On the East side for example, just about everybody you deal with has a very ****y attitude and likes to quickly try & pull political favors by throwing out the names of people they know. If you stop ANYONE in or around Plant City, either prepare to listen to all the people they know or stand by for the complaint. They act as though they are off limits or have diplomatic immunity because they grew up in the Plant City area. Then you have Brandon :shock: . Talk about a community that has gone to the dumps. Brandon has become ground zero it seems for just about every criminal looking for a place to hang out, or a place to relocate from the city limits. This began ever since TPD got the green light to crack down on crime and chased all the hoodlums into the county. Then on top of all this, you now have section 8 housing complexes on just about every corner on the East side.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you stop ANYONE in or around Plant City, either prepare to listen to all the people they know or stand by for the complaint. They act as though they are off limits or have diplomatic immunity because they grew up in the Plant City area.
    Wait, you mean they aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Then you have Brandon :shock: . Talk about a community that has gone to the dumps. Brandon has become ground zero it seems for just about every criminal looking for a place to hang out, or a place to relocate from the city limits. This began ever since TPD got the green light to crack down on crime and chased all the hoodlums into the county. Then on top of all this, you now have section 8 housing complexes on just about every corner on the East side.
    I'm pretty sure that for every project housing they knocked down in the city, they built two shitty low rent complexes in D2. Have you driven along MLK lately? The buildings are reproducing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast