Why do we have DMS?

Why do we have DMS?

60L-34.0044 Special Compensatory Leave.
    (1) When an employee separates from an agency, the agency shall pay the employee for all unused special compensatory leave credits at the employee’s current regular hourly rate of pay.
    (2) Leave credits shall not be transferred from the agency where the credits were earned to another agency or pay plan, unless the employee is moving from a career service position to a selected exempt service position.
    (3) Upon prior notice, an agency may compel the use of all or part of an employee’s accumulated holiday special compensatory leave credits or special compensatory leave credits, or both, based on agency needs, provided such usage requirement is in accordance with any collective bargaining agreement provisions. An agency may also require an employee to use accumulated special compensatory leave credits prior to approving an employee’s request to use other types of approved leave, with the exception of sick leave.
    (4) All unused special compensatory leave credits for an employee who is laid off shall be paid for in lump-sum, based on the employee’s current regular hourly rate of pay, at the time of layoff.
    (5) At the time of entry into the DROP, an employee electing to participate in the program may request payment of any unused special compensatory leave that was earned within eleven months before entry into the DROP.

Has to be paid from that agency unless you are being taken over and the legislation relized afterwards "We don't have the $ to pay up" then let's not do that. Just one more way to take $ out of our pockets. Even though we don't lose it out right I would rather take my $ now since I have enough time to max it back out

Re: Why do we have DMS?

I heard that DOT was trying to get out of paying it all together and DHSMV said they would take it over on a transfer basis. Some more of that planning after the fact. This whole merger has been handled very poorly at best.

Re: Why do we have DMS?

This whole merger has been handled very poorly at best.
    This is a very true statement.....