Evals what a JOKE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Evals what a JOKE

So, whats everyones opinion about the State controlled Evals. Cant get above 3.4 no matter what we do or how much extra work we give them to make our work place better. Lts get ordered to change eval scores. How is this even allowed . The scores do not refelect what each person actually did during the grading period and on top of that Tally dictates what the scores MUST be. I have never heard of such crap in my life ! Oh, lets not forget we just received our evals down south when they were due last year! Thats nice just do whatever you please and when you want to do it! We should just use the evals in the toilet as that what it represents. This place is unbelievable and just keeps getting "better"!

Re: Evals what a JOKE

Agree 100% , thats why we cant keep experienced people. Just look at the experience we have lost in just 2011.

cry babies, all of you.

This place does not make me want to go the extra mile anymore. No matter how hard you work and produce you can't get more than 3.4 on your evaluation. When you make more than the "12" arrests that we are required to make you still get a 3.4, you don't get promoted and a 3% pay reduction and now the possibility of losing our vehicles. Productivity doesn't count for anything at this agency. They are now promoting people who don't meet the minimum performance requirements and haven't done much here. The last two promotional announcements haven't mentioned anything at all about the individuals' accomplishments at DIF, because they have none. They have been promoted based on past accomplishments at their previous agencies, talk about living in the past. Now you only have to be here a short time and you can get promoted. No matter if you make more than 12 arrests, make the 12 arrests or not, the most you can get is the magic 3.4. No reason to go abvoe and beyond anymore. If I am only going to get an average evaluation then I will be an average employee for the average pay check that we recieve.

For the poster who said we are "cry babies"... these are actual facts. The evals are not accurate and Lts have been ordered to change dets evals from higher to lower scores. This is not how you motivate your employees by dictating what and how evals are done. It is in writing via e-mails that some of us have. By the way when was the last time we have seen anyone given an "adda boy" , thank you, etc, for the hard work a detective or unit has accomplished. It is a fact that DIF does not have the level of management that cares about employees or how to motivate employees with simple but important gestures to motivate employees. They really dont care.. seriously!

We can be so much better but they just wont move out of the past!

I see that DIF is still living in the past, still using that good ol boy promotional system.

This place can be managed better by a group of monkeys. Last year everybody got the AR15s, this year they are being taken away. What a bunch of bananas.

Lets add the "uniforms" mulitiple shirts, more stuff that is useless than I could ever use at DIF... with all that wasted spending we could have had a raise. Like others said prior, the brass who does these things dont have a clue... oh by the way.. when was the last time you saw a Major from Tally, trying to hide, at a shooting range giving personnel lessons... thats a story all by itself! This place truly amazes me and no one takes control and do whats right!

As a ritiree from another agency and a DIF oldtimer, here is some advice for the young guns here. Stop killing yourselves producing so that you can get a great evaluation and a promotion. You'll never get higher than an average evaluation and you won't get promoted unless you are one of their guys. They count on not promoting people so that they get upset and work harder and produce more for the next time there is an opportunity for a promotion. That way their numbers, management's, go up and the division looks good. Why do you think that there are hardly any young people here, because there is no chance to move up and advance and make more money. Us oldtimers know how to play the game, we are working on our second pension and leave when vested and in the drop. A young gun has nothing to look forward to here. No pay raises and no promotions. My advice to you is don't invest too much time here, go federal if you are young enough or go to a municipal police department where there are step raises. This job is only good for a second check. This place is and will always be a revolving door.

Well said, but it is still wrong. Not one of us from other agencies have ever been treated like this prior! We could be so much better than many.. but dont even strive to do it!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast